2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:01:32 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:55:01 PM
my team is terrible

losing the baseball finals killed my season. i still havent recovered

Every last one of my fantasy teams blows this year. And my betting skills the last week have suffered too. Everything I touch lately turns to shtein.  :-D

Must be that golden arm of yours.

PhillyPhreak54

Yankees Game 6 options: Ass Chin on short rest of Chad effing Gaudin.
Yankees Game 7 options: Sabathia on short rest again or Pettitte on regular rest

lol...would Girardi be dumb enough to pitch Gaudin?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on November 03, 2009, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:01:32 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:55:01 PM
my team is terrible

losing the baseball finals killed my season. i still havent recovered

Every last one of my fantasy teams blows this year. And my betting skills the last week have suffered too. Everything I touch lately turns to shtein.  :-D

Must be that golden arm of yours.

Sure as shtein ain't my golden brain, that's fo sho

MDS

he already more or less said that pet tits is going

manuel said pedro is a go for game 6, as if that wasnt already known
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:02:47 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:45:09 PM
lol fox has a 20 second delay on the broadcast. farging fcc. this country is so lame.

Yep. I was shocked when I was in Peru that you can turn on regular TV and see full frontal nudity. And close ups of dead bodies on the front page of the newspapers.

but do they get crazy enough to show the WS without a delay?

Seabiscuit36

my god, Pedro, sans flu in NY Stadium, could be very interesting. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

lol fox has a 20 second delay on the broadcast. farging fcc. this country is so lame.

Yep. I was shocked when I was in Peru that you can turn on regular TV and see full frontal nudity. And close ups of dead bodies on the front page of the newspapers.

you can see that on tv in pretty much every other country in the world.  the only way you see boobies in the us without skinamax is if you turn on the national geographic channel

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 03, 2009, 12:06:22 AM

Nope, not that loco.

Their feed was about 10 seconds behind the FOX feed...my girl was watching it tonight and when I went crazy on Utley blast she got mad at me for ruining the outcome for her.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:17:39 AM

Nope, not that loco.

Their feed was about 10 seconds behind the FOX feed...my girl was watching it tonight and when I went crazy on Utley blast she got mad at me for ruining the outcome for her.

i bet that's not the first time she's been disappointed by your untimely over-excitement. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 03, 2009, 12:20:43 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 03, 2009, 12:17:39 AM

Nope, not that loco.

i bet that's not the first time she's been disappointed by your untimely over-excitement. 

lol...good one.  :-D

MDS

lee said he is "available" for game 7

i say start nicole or joseph large testicles. first hint of trouble go to happ. grind your way, then use lee in the biggest spot and pull him when he tires.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 12:23:11 AM
lee said he is "available" for game 7

i say start nicole or joseph large testicles. first hint of trouble go to happ. grind your way, then use lee in the biggest spot and pull him when he tires.

I like your plan.

Let Coleen go the first 3-4. Blanton for 4-7. Chan Ho 8. Lee for the save.

Sgt PSN

i might (key word "might") be ok with hamels starting game 7 but at the first sign of trouble, i'd skip everyone else and go straight to lee.  especially if hamels is at least able to get through 4 innings.  game 7 definitely aint the time to be dicking around with happ who has been an abortion in the playoffs. 

MDS

cole has been okay for the first time or so through the order. im not sure you can go with joe farging blanton in a game 7 on the road.

lee really needs to be used in the biggest spot of the game. that might be the 4th inning, who knows. or just start him and get what you can out of him.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 03, 2009, 12:47:59 AM
cole has been okay for the first time or so through the order. im not sure you can go with joe farging blanton in a game 7 on the road.

lee really needs to be used in the biggest spot of the game. that might be the 4th inning, who knows. or just start him and get what you can out of him.

i think hamels has been decent in each of his postseason starts in the early innings.  but like you said, he's gone to crap the 2nd time people face him.  maybe the phils should do game 7 completely bass ackwards.

start lidge, have him pitch the first.
chan ho in the 2nd
hamels 3-6
lee 7-9

parade down broad st in the opposite direction.  igy and munson hug