2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Of course he did.  He's worse than a fraternity legacy pledge, PG, and the only reason he has a job is because of his father, who was a monumentally awesome announcer.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2009, 11:40:00 PM
Of course he did.  He's worse than a fraternity legacy pledge, PG, and the only reason he has a job is because of his father, who was a monumentally awesome announcer.

I know...and I just don't get it. He's not just an announcer, but he's the "A" team for NFL and the "A" team for baseball. WTF?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

a game 6 loss and the yanks are finished. fans will panic, media will lose its mind, too much to handle.

also fat ass going back to back 3 days? IN. pedro will bring it, but charlie has to pull the plug at the 100 pitch mark. when that hits use ho chi ducksauce and go from there
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

No second baseman in the history of baseball has hit more World Series home runs than Chase Utley. He alone owns the record.

MDS

lol fox has a 20 second delay on the broadcast. farging fcc. this country is so lame.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:45:09 PM
lol fox has a 20 second delay on the broadcast. farging fcc. this country is so lame.

I noticed something was amiss when the ESPN GameCast, which is usually quite slow, was ahead of the TV.

MDS

i say that because joe buck is beyond intolerable. i used think he was "okay" for baseball, but he sucks. hes not anti phillies or pro yankees, hes just annoying and he sucks.

Rome

Fox is afraid someone might say something positive about Obama.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 02, 2009, 11:43:18 PM
No second baseman in the history of baseball has hit more World Series home runs than Chase Utley. He alone owns the record.

that's a slanted stat.  i mean, in the history of baseball, how many 2nd basemen have played in the world series? 

Eaglez

Joe Buck doesn't have a good voice, he doesn't provide any unique insight, and he's not good on the play-by-play.  His only shtick is to try and foreshadow what may come by saying "X hasn't hit a HR this World Series" in order to suggest something super-awesome is about to happen.  Dude is riding ridiculously on his dad's coattails.

MDS

my team is terrible

losing the baseball finals killed my season. i still havent recovered

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:55:01 PM
my team is terrible

losing the baseball finals killed my season. i still havent recovered

Every last one of my fantasy teams blows this year. And my betting skills the last week have suffered too. Everything I touch lately turns to shtein.  :-D

Eaglez

I love how Charlie is unabashed about his intentions to steal signs.  Pretty funny presser moment.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 02, 2009, 11:45:09 PM

Yep. I was shocked when I was in Peru that you can turn on regular TV and see full frontal nudity. And close ups of dead bodies on the front page of the newspapers.