2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I can't watch or listen to anything except NFL Network.

Hell, I went to bed last night and put on Catch Me If You Can and the first farging line was when DiCaprio is telling Hanks "...that's why the Yankees always win"

>:(

Eaglez

Yeah at this point I don't want to know what they were thinking or why they decided to pitch him that way, etc.  I don't want to read any columns with any rationalizations.  They just collapsed and were outplayed when it counted. 

I just want them to take tonight so I don't have to see A-Rod and Jeter prance around the field in Philly.  I'm holding out hope but unless a switch flips on with these guys I don't see this turning around quick enough. 

Rome

I have never been as angry at a sporting event outcome as I was last night.   For a second I thought I was teetering on the edge of insanity.  For real.  Thank God no Yankees fans got in my face or I might be in lockup this morning.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

when they come back you all will be dead of happiness and ill be dancing on your graves
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2009, 10:12:41 AM
I have never been as angry at a sporting event outcome as I was last night.   For a second I thought I was teetering on the edge of insanity.  For real.  Thank God no Yankees fans got in my face or I might be in lockup this morning.

Had dinner, helped my son with a science project, tried to relax after the game and forget about it.  Right.  Sure.  I was furious.  I had this rage and tension running through my body where I honestly would have swung at anyone who said something stupid.  I have a knucklehead neighbor who cheers for the Yankees.  Loser is also a skins fan.  Strike three. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Win tonight.

No way Burnett can be as dominant as he was the other night.

No way can Pettitte be good in game 6.

By the time they face CC in game 7, they will be able to hit his slider.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2009, 03:16:46 PM
Win tonight.

lol

against this retarded lineup you dont have to be dominant...they do an awesome job of getting themselves out...that said burnett on short rest is a recipe for disaster and if the phillies dont hammer him around then they all deserve to perish
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I'm clinging to hope like MDS clings to his teddy bear at night.

3-1 can be overcome!

Munson

Like I said I think if they push it to 7 they will win....but they have to get another Cliff Lee-like performance tonight then luck their way out of game 6...because I see no way Pedro throws as good as he did again in NY in game 6.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 02, 2009, 04:09:33 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2009, 03:16:46 PM
Win tonight.

lol

against this retarded lineup you dont have to be dominant...they do an awesome job of getting themselves out...that said burnett on short rest is a recipe for disaster and if the phillies dont hammer him around then they all deserve to perish

haters hate. fighters fight. i hope you die via an aids infested knife.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

i think i'm actually more mad then yesterday.. i think i was just numb after it happened.  this is probably the first phillies related page i've been on..

Quote from: Don Ho on November 02, 2009, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: Rome on November 02, 2009, 10:12:41 AM

Had dinner, helped my son with a science project, tried to relax after the game and forget about it.  Right.  Sure.  I was furious.  I had this rage and tension running through my body where I honestly would have swung at anyone who said something stupid.  I have a knucklehead neighbor who cheers for the Yankees.  Loser is also a skins fan.  Strike three. 

thats one of the things i farging despise about "yankees" fans.  their numbers all of a sudden triple here in south jersey now that their in the series.. and half of em like the cowboys, and the lakers..  farging front running corksuckers who couldn't name a yankee from last year not named arod, jeter, or rivera.
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2009, 05:11:59 PM
I'm clinging to hope like MDS clings to his teddy bear at night.

3-1 can be overcome!

and as hopeless as i feel, the closer to game time the more and more hope i get.  maybe this team really is as "mentally tough" as advertised and they can do it.  maybe everything will magically just click.  i mean they could've swept them at home earlier in the year if it wasn't for that icehole lidge.  and they only have to win 2 in NY.. and the 1 here with lee on the mound.  obviously they have to win tonight.. but the key is game 6 if they get to it.  if they can pull that off.. anything can happen in game 7 and i might even give the edge to the phillies with the momentum swing and the pressure they'll feel in NY to clinch it. 

that's what my heart says.

my mind is telling me to stfu and not even tune in tonight.

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Don Ho

Quote from: Butchers Bill on November 02, 2009, 05:50:41 PM
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?  Hell no!

POTWS!!   :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: LBIggle on November 02, 2009, 05:35:39 PM

thats one of the things i farging despise about "yankees" fans.  their numbers all of a sudden triple here in south jersey now that their in the series.. and half of em like the cowboys, and the lakers..  farging front running corksuckers who couldn't name a yankee from last year not named arod, jeter, or rivera.

What is up with that!  So true.  I could spend hours on all the people I know who just "happen" to be Cowboys, Lakers and Yankees fans.  True definition of fraud.