2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Damon had two strikes for about an hour. all farg yous should be aimed at lidge. he blew it.

PhillyPhreak54

Someone please re-cap the press conference and post game stuff from CSN, if you're watching

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2009, 12:00:07 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 11:58:12 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2009, 11:55:49 PM
Oh, and farg you Ruiz for not holding onto the foul tip

lol, you talking about the damon foul tip?  because that went straight down in the dirt. 

Yes. I dont care. He should have dug a tunnel and reached down to catch it.

lol, he's from panama, not mexico so his burrowing skills aren't that great. 

mpmcgraw

Yes, the problem is they don't believe they can win.  

Quick someone get little timmy in the clubhouse and inspire their asses!

mpmcgraw

Utley and Feliz are the only hitters who showed up today, but damnit farging Lidge.

Munson

^^^^What Z said. Howard looks like he does when he's in the middle of one of his slumps...like he's trying to force it, front him bailing too early, trying to pull everything, etc.

Raul, injured or not, looks like shtein at the plate. Victorino hasn't done much all WS either.

All that being said, 2 out of the 3 losses are on the pitching. Can't expect to win games in the WS when the other team is scoring 8 and 7 runs
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

LIDGE LIDGE LIDGE LIDGE LIDGE LIDGE

HE LOST IT

farg HIM I HOPE HE GETS AIDS
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eaglez

Yeah Lidge should carry a lot of the burden for this loss, but if he had a lead to work with maybe he wouldn't have had to rely on his fastball as much in some of the last ABs.  The Yankees played well too.  They didn't give up with 2 outs.  They are playing extremely well in the clutch so you have to give them credit too.  But the Phillies had their chances, at home, to score runs.  They can't string together base hits consecutively to mount an impressive inning. 

They look a bit confused out there.  Plus I think the fans have sucked the past two games from my observations on TV.  When FOX pans through the crowd I see a lot of sitting on hands and a lot of casually observing.  A little annoyed at that too.

Jay, csnphilly.com should have the pressers if you want to stomach it.

Munson

If they can push it to a game 7 I think they take it. Lee can get the win tomorrow...but then it comes down to game 6. Pedro after throwing 100 pitches is gonna have to be brilliant again in Yankees stadium, and the offense is going to have to wake up against Pettitte. Not to mention that the bullpen is going to have to not blow.

Sadly I don't see this getting past 6, let alone 5. farging a.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

lidge had been solid in the playoffs so far too.  and he looked good on the first 2 batters.  he threw good pitches to damon too but that slanty eyed half thai kept fouling them off.  once he got to 3rd lidge stopped throwing his slider which played right into roid monkey's hand.  even though he's been choking it up, aroid can still hit a fastball.  they cure all slumps.  i know the slider is a nasty pitch that's supposed to go in the dirt but ruiz is one of the best catchers in baseball and you gotta throw that pitch and let him do his job behind the plate.  if one gets away and damon scores, so be it.  shake it off, strike out the fraud at the plate and then the offense comes up only needing 1 to tie. 

it probably wouldn't have mattered as the phils have mostly forgotten how to hit, but i'm feeling a lot better about needing 1 run instead of 3 off the best closer in mlb history. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 02, 2009, 12:03:04 AM
Quick someone get little timmy in the clubhouse and inspire their asses!

win it for harry, motherfargers

Sgt PSN

i'm pretty sure harry is happy to be dead now.  i consider him the luckiest phillies fan out there right now. 

Eaglez

I felt really good with Lidge through the first two batters and even when Damon got on because he was locating his slider and he seemed to have good downward movement on it.  Then all he threw was fastballs because he loses confidence in his BEST PITCH when runners get on. 

Guy needs to get his head examined in the off-season.  It would be much easier to stomach if he got beat with his best pitch when it seemed like he was throwing it pretty well.  Ticks me off. 

mpmcgraw

On the plus side Utley mashed again tonight and Rollins pretty much hasn't shown up at all so I've feel some personal validation here.

bowzer

I farging hate Yankees fans... reading all their statuses on facebook...
shoot me