2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglez

Yankees proved to be a much more "clutch" team than the Phillies.  Every time the Phils answered the Yankees one-upped them.  It's not that the Phillies are "shooting themselves in the foot," the Yankees are just a better all-around team. 

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eaglez on November 01, 2009, 11:44:34 PM
I have no doubt that Lee will pitch well tomorrow.  I just wouldn't be surprised if they give him no run support and he loses 1-0.  I don't care how resilent this team is, that was essentially a knock out blow I think.  If they come back to win and/or win this series it would have to be one of the greatest comebacks in baseball history.

Comebacks from down 3-1, with two away games left:

79 Pirates
68 Tigers
58 Yankees

yeah it aint happening

MDS

if someone can do it, its this team. especially with lee in game 5 and the giant ? in game 6. then cc on 3 days rest again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

it's going to be hard for the phils to win game 5 when burnett goes through them like mds goes through hand lotion

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 11:52:22 PM
if someone can do it, its this team. especially with lee in game 5 and the giant ? in game 6. then cc on 3 days rest again.

Yep.

Let's assume Lee is solid and they scratch out a win. Who pitches Game 6 for NYY? Pettitte?

And then CC in 7 again?

Tonight was painful. I don't think I have felt this terrible since the SB loss.

PhillyPhreak54

mpmcgraw

bowzer

This team finally realized they play in Philadelphia.. lucky for us it was a year too late and we got to see a WS win.

Munson

I think I'm gonna be sick.

Unfargingbelievable. Pedro with the clutch shot and then Lidge shteins all over himself.

Time to hope the Eagles play like they did today every week. hah, yeah right.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2009, 11:55:49 PM
Oh, and farg you Ruiz for not holding onto the foul tip

lol, you talking about the damon foul tip?  because that went straight down in the dirt. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 11:58:12 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2009, 11:55:49 PM
Oh, and farg you Ruiz for not holding onto the foul tip

lol, you talking about the damon foul tip?  because that went straight down in the dirt. 

Yes. I dont care. He should have dug a tunnel and reached down to catch it.

Don Ho

Yes we all "hope" but no way.  It is so over.  This would have been a huge win and we were about to see a 7 game battle royal.  

Here's to a Curt Schilling type performance from Lee tomorrow.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eaglez

Ever since Game 1 this team has played uninspired baseball.  No scratching out base hits.  Looking absolutely silly with runners in scoring position.  The pitching has been less than stellar.  For the first time over the past two post seasons I don't believe that THEY believe they can win. 

I hope I'm wrong, but unless Howard stops looking silly up there and the top of the order gets on base and puts on pressure through the run game, then I don't see how this is going to end well.