2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 10:19:13 PM
this is not a choke

they are getting beat by what so far has been a superior team

though i am not a negative douche nancy saying its over. it aint over. it aint lookin good, but this team has never ever quit and im not gonna consider it over like were rootin for the dodgers here.

they haven't choked the whole thing away yet, but they definitely choked away game 2 and they aren't doing themselves any favors tonight either. 

they can score a bunch in a hurry though and i'm hoping for that, but holy farg, how long until utley/howard/ibanez make an appearance in this series? 

game 2 wasnt really a choke. they had a chance or two and probably couldve handled some things better but it wasnt an in the bag win. even if everything works out they have a 1 run lead in the ninth for lidge. tell me thats in the bag.

and yes, the middle of the order has been absent save for utley in game 1. odds wise you have to figure theyll get some hits but time is running out. ultimately the series may be on them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: jihadist monk on November 01, 2009, 10:24:28 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 10:19:13 PM
this is not a choke

they are getting beat by what so far has been a superior team

though i am not a negative douche nancy saying its over. it aint over. it aint lookin good, but this team has never ever quit and im not gonna consider it over like were rootin for the dodgers here.

they haven't choked the whole thing away yet, but they definitely choked away game 2 and they aren't doing themselves any favors tonight either. 

they can score a bunch in a hurry though and i'm hoping for that, but holy farg, how long until utley/howard/ibanez make an appearance in this series? 
You do realize Utley has been to the plate three times tonight and hit a double and had an RBI in one of them right?  It's still baseball.  No matter how much more you WANT them to get a hit doesn't change anything.

you need to be launched into outter space at vorp factor 9

Sgt PSN

MDS

to a certain extent mikey is right, but to another extent you just gotta get it done. farg the numbers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 10:29:10 PM
to a certain extent mikey is right, but to another extent you just gotta get it done. farg the numbers.

that's what i'm getting at.  it's a 7 game series at most so the stats from the previos 182+ really don't mean ish.  you can go into a slump during the season and not have it affect the big picture because there's so much time for the numbers to even themselves out.  come world series time you either do, or you don't.  right now the phils have a lineup full of don'ts.

wtf francisco?  you come in off the bench and swing at the first pitch.  farging brilliant.  i guess it doesn't matter which idiot's playing in left. 

MDS

what possible expectations could you have for the bottom of the order? they all suck.

the series more or less comes down to the 7th. got to get something going.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 10:33:33 PM
what possible expectations could you have for the bottom of the order? they all suck.

i don't expect much but i do expect them to at least take a couple pitches and try to work the count....something that chooch does fairly well most of the time.  and when a pinch hitter comes in and swings at the first pitch, that's farging infuriating. 

Sgt PSN

that guy sitting in the front row behind homeplate just off to the left kind of looks like hef about 15 years ago. 

PhillyPhreak54

The AB's in the 5th when Rollins and Victorino were on base were goddamn AWFUL.

Raul Ibanez? fargING AWFUL.

Their approach at the plate angers me almost as much as the Yankees little bloop shots landing in every spot on the farging field.

Top of the line up in the bottom of the 7th and cockface Girardi is trying his all to avoid anyone in the BP not names Rivera....can they please string together three or four solid ABs?!?!

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

who would have ever thought that howard would have a better series with his glove than his bat?

MDS

ibanez has been beyong lost, yes.

otherwise id say cc has just been filthy in those spots against uts and choke with risp. just locked in and nasty, especially left-left. not much you can, especially for choke who by his nature swings big and isnt up there to slap balls into holes.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
ibanez has been beyong lost, yes.

otherwise id say cc has just been filthy in those spots against uts and choke with risp. just locked in and nasty, especially left-left. not much you can, especially for choke who by his nature swings big and isnt up there to slap balls into holes.

Well Sir Choke better shorten it up a little bit and look to poke it somewhere rather than crush it.