2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

Don Ho

Quote from: phillymic2000 on November 01, 2009, 09:09:05 PM
And would someone tell Tim McGarver that the Vet wasn't a half mile away from CPB.

Not like he played there or anything  ::)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: phillymic2000 on November 01, 2009, 09:09:05 PM
And would someone tell Tim McGarver that the Vet wasn't a half mile away from CPB.

lol.  i didn't bother saying anything about it because it's the closest mccarver has been to getting something right this entire series. 

phillymic2000

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 09:09:39 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 08:55:41 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 01, 2009, 08:54:18 PM
it wasnt a whole section, it was 3 rows

and it might be the friends and family section. easy way to coordinate that stuff.

it's also possible that the yankees secured a few dozen tickets and then sold them to their season ticket holders for 100 gajillion dollars

Miami 03 was off the hook. And CF did that at STL in 04 also wild.

yea ive noticed that teams like boston and ny often get big blocks of tickets at away stadiums, even ones where tickets are readily available online. gee, i wonder why

don't/didn't the eagles do that as well?  i'm pretty sure i remember the eagles promoting roadtrips where they would get a block of tickets to away games sell to eagles fans. 

Sgt PSN

blanton got a generous strike 3 call there......which makes up for the atrocious ball 3 call on the pitch before it. 

let's go bats.  wake the farg up!  i knew i should have sacrificed a live chicken today.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 01, 2009, 09:11:58 PM
blanton got a generous strike 3 call there......which makes up for the atrocious ball 3 call on the pitch before it. 

let's go bats.  wake the farg up!  i knew i should have sacrificed a live chicken today.

I sacrificed several trick-or-treaters last night.  Threw um' into a volcano.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

bowzer

Sgt PSN

with every passing inning, these guys just seem to get tighter and tighter at the plate. 

Rome

What's funny is these umpires are supposed to be the best MLB has to offer yet they're completely atrocious.

Don Ho

PhillyGirl

Rome, you're right...they're REALLY bad...on both sides.

And lets not all get crazy yet. They can and will hit Sabathia.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mpmcgraw

Utley just swung at the ball that was called a strike on the pitch before.

This ump is just all over for both teams.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons