2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Agree with Bottalico as far as the crowd goes.  They checked out pretty quick and to let those Yankee fans out cheer/chant them in the late innings was a disgrace.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

the yankees fans "hey hey hey ya good bye....ect..." that took over the whole stadium was the worst and most embarrsing chant i have ever heard in all my sports...i wanted to say something to all the retards in this thread that have been ripping yankee fans for the last three days but i held off until now...FYI idiots the yankee fans that are in the new stadium have nothing to do with the yankee fans that took over the bank tonight
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

farg it.  let the players worry about it.  they should feel the heat from the crowd for being a bunch of Hoydas. if that's yankees fans doing it cuz the phillies fans that are there are  mainly rich deusches that only go for the novelty, then so be it. either way they should be getting ripped for the showing they've put forth so far.  the only ones that get a pass is lee and maybe werth.  in the fans defense though, there wasn't much to cheer about and i'm sure got just as deflated as we all did.  i didn't really feel like doing anything except going bottoms up with my beer and kicking shtein never mind cheering.

also, wtf were they cheering about when hamels was walking off the field.. it could be his performance.  sarge suggested it was the pitching change.. i guess, but wow wake the farg up if they were cheering vagina face.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Still simmering because of that massive gaping funhole Hamels.....

I don't think I have ever hated someone so fast.

Fat Joe is gonna pitch the game of his life tonight

Sgt PSN

especially when the offense checked out 3 days ago and hasnt been seen since. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 01, 2009, 10:26:07 AM
Still simmering because of that massive gaping funhole Hamels.....

I don't think I have ever hated someone so fast.

other than maybe t.o., i don't think there's been anyone else who went from hero to zero faster than cole hamels. 

mpmcgraw

It still boggles my mind. The yankees scored 8 runs. That loss is on Cole and the trash that followed.

Sgt PSN

that loss is just as much on hamels as it is the offense imo.  hamels queefed all over the field but bullpen served up a couple homeruns as well and the offense failed to produce over and over and over.  game 1 is the only game grit has done anything noteworthy at the plate this entire postseason.  howard's been booty in the ws, but at least dook was rolling through the lds and lcs.  rual has been crap, feliz has been crap, vicotrino, blah blah blah.

i knew that game was farged when they couldn't get score more than 2 runs with the bases loaded and less than 2 outs. 

MDS

the offense was more or less okay

really cant expect to win a game when cole was as bad as he was. the bullpen blows, we all know this. how the farg can you blame them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Yeah Werth blasted two homers and even Chooch smacked one....they should have won the game, but the pitching cost them.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

the offense cost them in both losses.. the pitching in only one.

cole's atrocious.

MDS

realistically when the other team scores 8 runs youre going to lose 99% of the time. its just a ridiculous expectation to think you can score 9 runs in a game.

this is a silly conversation. cole lost the game for them and the bullpen took any hope of a comeback away. end of story.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

One of my friends just posted this taken from her cell at the Eagle game today:

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen