2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2009, 10:19:01 PM
choke & raul, feel free to join the party this time around

sorry but i think choke has other things in mind like breaking the post season record for K's in a row.

Geowhizzer

I just hope that once Halloween is over, Howard will stop trying to look so much like A-Roid.

LBIggle

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 31, 2009, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 31, 2009, 10:09:17 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:07:34 PM
best you could've hoped for there.

what an idiot though.. he walks home a run so lets come out swinging at everything.  this isn't wiffle ball you stupid shtein.

he's really about as dumb as feliz at the plate.  but he hides it better by being a superior athlete.

farg off utley

i tend to agree.  he's average in the field too.. he just has blazing speed which would fall in the athletic ability covering up the retardation category.

He's better than average in the field.  He's got some of the best range I've ever seen, and a good arm.  If he had a shred of intelligence, he'd be an incredible outfielder.  As is, he is very good.

what i meant is if he didn't have his speed, he takes such zesty routes to the ball he would be considered very average.  because of his speed he is very good.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:23:30 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 31, 2009, 10:19:56 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 31, 2009, 10:09:17 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:07:34 PM
best you could've hoped for there.

what an idiot though.. he walks home a run so lets come out swinging at everything.  this isn't wiffle ball you stupid shtein.

he's really about as dumb as feliz at the plate.  but he hides it better by being a superior athlete.

farg off utley

i tend to agree.  he's average in the field too.. he just has blazing speed which would fall in the athletic ability covering up the retardation category.

He's better than average in the field.  He's got some of the best range I've ever seen, and a good arm.  If he had a shred of intelligence, he'd be an incredible outfielder.  As is, he is very good.

what i meant is if he didn't have his speed, he takes such zesty routes to the ball he would be considered very average.  because of his speed he is very good.

OK, I can go for that.  I think we're saying the same thing in different ways.

Sgt PSN

i guess it wouldn't be a joe buck broadcast unless he mentioned something about dallas. 

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Ha - Cabrera just faked throwing the ball into the stands.

Put it in his ear, Cole.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 31, 2009, 10:24:50 PM
i guess it wouldn't be a joe buck broadcast unless he mentioned something about dallas. 

So, with the Giants in Philly tomorrow as well, is Fox making him do both games?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:21:56 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2009, 10:19:01 PM
choke & raul, feel free to join the party this time around

sorry but i think choke has other things in mind like breaking the post season record for K's in a row.

if you're going to set records, might as well set them all.

QB Eagles

we're not getting through this without him mentioning favre. already talked about him in one of the other games too.

LBIggle

yeah, were both basically calling him a mental midget.

anyways, does anyone else think there should be more then 3 runs on the board against this guy?  bottom of the order coming up this inning but in the 5th they need to tack on a few more and get into that bullpen.

LBIggle

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 31, 2009, 10:27:02 PM
we're not getting through this without him mentioning favre. already talked about him in one of the other games too.

well, it is fox's self proclaimed "best game of the year."   yeah, really.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: LBIggle on October 31, 2009, 10:27:09 PM
anyways, does anyone else think there should be more then 3 runs on the board against this guy?

absolutely.  bases loaded < 2 outs and the phils got 2 runs out of it.  victorino's ab really set things in motion for petite to get out of that with minimal damage.  swinging at the first 2 pitches out of the zone after he'd been struggling with location, had walked 2 batters that inning, including the guy batting in front of him.