2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

a rain out would get rid of the off day, skip

so cc in game 4 on monday = 2 days of rest for game 7 thursday

and bring on burnett at the bank. no way he does that to them a second time.

and yes, lee pitches on monday no matter what.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they have announced that it would definitely get rid of the off day?...i didnt hear that...

it would certainly change things...but they dont usually do that in the world series because there are no other series that are affected by how long it takes
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

yea thats what theyve done in the past

i highly, highly doubt mlb and fox want to put a potential game 7 on friday unless forced. thursday = most profitable night for ad revenue. also much, much higher viewership. so, that.

not only would the cc thing help, but it would force girardi to limit his use of rivera if 5 games in a row looms. have to hold him for just an inning.

a rain out wouldnt be the worst thing in the world, really. you get another cc/lee full rest match in game 4. you get another shot at a mental midget like burnett, on the road in a bandbox. you get pedro well rested for game 6 or even game 5 if charlie wants it.

not awful, though i am quite pumped for a game tonight.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i cant imagine that its an as you go decision....whatever the call is it has to be pre determined in the rules...to decide right then and there by looking at the best night to have games on tv would be a joke

MDS

lol based on tv

THE ENTIRE SPORTS WORLD IS BASED ON TV SON

bud will cite not wanting to go deeper into november bla bla bla as the reason to skip the travel day if its rained out, but they set the ENTIRE fargING SCHEDULE from day 1 of spring training around having a game 7 on a thursday night.

ice grillin you

theres no chance its decided on the fly...i will guarantee you its a set rule of whether the off day is abolished or not

MDS

yea, its a set rule. there is no extra off day.

with the snow out against the rockies they were gonna go sun game 3, mon game 4 and tue game 5. same deal here, dooks.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mpmcgraw

MDS

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 31, 2009, 04:40:27 PM
you fools hearing that Hamels has the flu?

NO

though bumping him for fatty blanton or jay a and having them run on pure adrenaline couldnt hurt

dobbsy back

weather.com says rain hits around 700

mpmcgraw

Seriously no one has mentioned hamels being sick at all. Where did that come from?

Seabiscuit36

from another board, supposedly something on philly.com said yesterday he was feeling under the weather
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

just heard that arod went up to the 15th floor of the four seasons with a girl who was not kate hudson

speculate!

Munson

MDS' little sister.

Happy Halloween, here's hoping Cole Hamels dresses up as 2008 Cole Hamels
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54