2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

19.5 for game 1
18.9 for game 2

game 3 will be low but the FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE lead in, no sunday night football and fact that its the most watched tv night of the week should sent game 4 to 25 mil range.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Geowhizzer

Quote from: reese125 on October 30, 2009, 04:06:43 PM
no Clifford...Blanton gets the nod for game 4.

Apparently Lee has never pitched on short rest in his major league career.

MDS

game 5 is a win with cliff on normal rest.

he has 2 days off then can give you whatever he has in the tank for game 7. works.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Instead of Jay Z maybe we'll get the Villanova Bball team to do Thriller before game 3.   Empire State this.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 30, 2009, 02:51:37 PM
19.5 for game 1
18.9 for game 2

game 3 will be low but the FAVRE FAVRE FAVRE lead in, no sunday night football and fact that its the most watched tv night of the week should sent game 4 to 25 mil range.

Joe Buck may be dead by than or at least on life support. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 30, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
Quote from: reese125 on October 30, 2009, 04:06:43 PM
no Clifford...Blanton gets the nod for game 4.

Apparently Lee has never pitched on short rest in his major league career.

yeah lee was never going in game 4

basically yanks wanna win the next two with cc going game four then they will sacrifice gaudin against lee in game 5 and take their chances in 6 and 7 with a fully rested petitte and aj

phils are in trouble
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Geowhizzer

To me, it all depends on Hamels in Game 3.  If he can be any semblance of last year's ace, the Phils should be in good shape.  If not, they're in big trouble.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 30, 2009, 04:31:35 PM
i hate you so much.

gotta beat cc on short rest....this whole series will really come down to that game

i give them a good chance because i think girardi left him in for way to many pitches on wed if he wants him to pitch well on short time

that said i still am not very confident in a cc blanton matchup...blanton is going to get raped by the yanks lineup

hamels - pettite - yanks win up 2-1
cc - fatty - yanks win up 3-1
gaudin - lee - phils win down 3-2
aj - pedro - yanks win series 4-2

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 30, 2009, 04:34:29 PM
To me, it all depends on Hamels in Game 3.  If he can be any semblance of last year's ace, the Phils should be in good shape.  If not, they're in big trouble.

lol hamels isnt a questionmark..we all know hes done...the questionmark is cc on short rest...is he like he was the other night and with the brewers down the stretch last year...or is he like he was in the playoffs last year...nobody knows and thats where the series lays

Seabiscuit36

thats what i love about everyone talking about how many pitches lee had.  He has 3 more pitches i think than CC.  Sure it was longer, but he was just on.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 30, 2009, 04:40:02 PM
thats what i love about everyone talking about how many pitches lee had.  He has 3 more pitches i think than CC.  Sure it was longer, but he was just on.

whose been talking about lees pitch count?...i havent heard anyone...its a non issue cause he isnt going on short rest

MDS

cc is a horse, hell be fine.

the thing you guys are missing is girardi. he is due for a major farg up in 3 or 4. has to happen. he was awful in game 1 and in the angels series. in an nl park he will farg up things. hell, he could bring aj back on short rest in game 5.

this thing is probably going back to ny 3-2 phils. difference is if they can get to mo like they got to broxton. if they can steal the yanks W in philly like they did to LA, then we good.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons