2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 29, 2009, 11:41:45 PM
Cole struck out Jeter, Arod, and Giambi in a row in their roid monkeying prime before he was even a ML pitcher in spring training 4 or 5 years ago.

If we lose this series because Cole doesn't show up, so be it, but I think he will.

The farg does spring training from like 5 years ago have to do with 2009?

mpmcgraw

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 29, 2009, 11:43:10 PM
Cole struck out Jeter, Arod, and Giambi in a row in their roid monkeying prime before he was even a ML pitcher in spring training 4 or 5 years ago.

If we lose this series because Cole doesn't show up, so be it, but I think he will.

Well it doesn't, but it makes me feel better and isn't that really what counts?

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

bowzer

Quote from: Don Ho on October 29, 2009, 11:42:28 PM
I think the Phils will be fine against Rivera.   They were working him.  With the exception of Stairs (like we were expecting something from him) and those farging horrible calls during Utley's and Howards at bats they hung with this guy.

The dude is 39 now.. he's not the same Rivera... the phils will be able to get to him.

PhillyPhreak54

Well, they do have something in common tonight; no offense for either team.

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 29, 2009, 11:43:10 PM

Bwahahaha :-D

mpmcgraw

Seriously though, if the Phils don't win Saturday its pretty much over.

Sabathia/Blanton

Burnett/Lee

Pedro/Pettite

Hamels/Sabathia

I'm gonna go ahead and tack game 4 as a loss and there's no way they win the last 3 games of this series.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

the phillies "got to" rivera as much as a ton of teams "got to" lidge last year. he didn't buzzsaw through everyone but he gave up 0 runs and got the save nonetheless. dude isn't impossible to hit off of, but he's as clutch as they come.

phillymic2000

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 29, 2009, 11:54:44 PM
Seriously though, if the Phils don't win Saturday its pretty much over.

Sabathia/Blanton

Burnett/Lee

Pedro/Pettite

Hamels/Sabathia

I'm gonna go ahead and tack game 4 as a loss and there's no way they win the last 3 games of this series.

It's tied 1-1, get the farg off the ledge. WTF is wrong with you man? hopefully the bats wake up, we can light up any starter and we know we can get to the Bull pen. Fargin A relax.

mpmcgraw

I'm not on any ledge, but there's about a 90% chance whoever wins Saturday wins the series. 

bowzer

Well 11/12 teams that won game 1, won the world series... so shut the farg up please

phillymic2000

Don Ho

Halloween's going to literally be a nightmare.  I feel sorry for the kids who come to the door during the late innings.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.