2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

bowzer

It was strange to see Yankees fans still in their seats in the ninth..

Sgt PSN

now it's up to the vagina monologues to put the phils back on top. 

mpmcgraw

Rome

That was unpleasant.  It's too bad Madson didn't hit Texeira in the face.  Blind and crippled would be good for that fag but dead would be better.

bowzer

Quote from: Rome on October 29, 2009, 11:28:53 PM
That was unpleasant.  It's too bad Madson didn't hit Texeira in the face.  Blind and crippled would be good for that fag but dead would be better.

I was hoping a foul ball would hit that annoying kid with the horrendous hair and jacket.

MDS

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 29, 2009, 11:28:48 PM
I'm feeling Cole pitching 7 innings.  2 earned runs. 

lol any more predictions?

pedro looked awful today, didnt he? didnt make it past the 5th, didnt he?

you are a farging moron.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

bowzer

Quote from: MDS on October 29, 2009, 11:30:54 PM
Quote from: jihadist monk on October 29, 2009, 11:28:48 PM
I'm feeling Cole pitching 7 innings.  2 earned runs. 

lol any more predictions?

pedro looked awful today, didnt he? didnt make it past the 5th, didnt he?

you are a farging moron.

Good for us... monk predicting 7 and 2 runs means Cole will go complete game shut out.

MDS

how about suicide? switch it up to that.

also they got a split in ny. burnett pitched well. they had 1 shot to score runs and it didnt happen. oh well. theyll take at least 2/3 in philly, then its back to ny if need be. this was always gonna be a series. you have to be able to accept failure in baseball, its a part of the game. especially when you have two fairly evenly matched teams.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

I have a bad feeling about Game 3. The Yankees aren't the Dodgers or the Rays.  Nor is Hamels the Hamels we saw last year.

All I know is the offense better show the hell up.

MDS

the yankees have scored 4 runs in two games. they have 1 good relief pitcher. joe girardi in an nl ballpark with a pitcher who wont make it into the 7th inning. whats not to like, besides nicole?

mpmcgraw

Cole struck out Jeter, Arod, and Giambi in a row in their roid monkeying prime before he was even a ML pitcher in spring training 4 or 5 years ago.

If we lose this series because Cole doesn't show up, so be it, but I think he will.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree with you Todd, it all comes down to Hamels and if he's ripped the tampon out or not yet.

Problems I had with tonight:

1. Offense adjusting to Burnett. He was slinging that hook up there and nary a one decided to look for it. They hacked their asses crazy. Some of those swings weren't near misses, they were missing by a good six inches.

2. Rollins and Victorino not going to stay out of the DP when Grits McUtley was up. That was their shot and they blew it there.

3. Letting Burnett settle down. They had him on the ropes a few times.

Basically all on the O tonight. I'm not worried about them being focused or ready (except for Hamels).

Don Ho

I think the Phils will be fine against Rivera.   They were working him.  With the exception of Stairs (like we were expecting something from him) and those farging horrible calls during Utley's and Howards at bats they hung with this guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.