2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Had to listen to the first and top of the second on the radio.  Jon Miller's ok.  Not as great as he used to be.  Joe Morgan had me contemplating driving into oncoming traffic on several occasions.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

wtf?  very uncharacteristic for chooch to be swinging at the first pitch.  i guess since burnett has opened up everyone with a fastball chooch thought he could get hold of one. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 29, 2009, 08:49:39 PM
wtf?  very uncharacteristic for chooch to be swinging at the first pitch.  i guess since burnett has opened up everyone with a fastball chooch thought he could get hold of one. 
[/quote

especially after all this talk of a patient lineup, 1 thru 9.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 29, 2009, 08:49:39 PM

Burnett's pretty much grooved a first-pitch fastball every batter the first time through.  I'm sure he'll change it up now.

Apparently Rollins has learned nothing.

Sgt PSN

burnett is on fire with these first pitch strikes so far.  harder to be patient and work the count when he's throwing a lot of first and 2nd pitch strikes. 

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 29, 2009, 08:52:03 PM
"just outside" - over the other batters box.

lol....i didn't know that over the chalk line of the right handed batter's box was "just outside"

Geowhizzer

Sgt PSN

baserunners definitely make burnett uncomfortable.  wouldn't mind seeing jimmy go for 2nd. 

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Oh what I'd pay to see Joe Buck do a cannonball from a 5 foot cliff.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer