2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Grits McUtley is on tonight. Two great ABs. Working the count, fouling shtein off and then the HR.

Cliff Lee is on too. Showing CC what the fargs up

QB Eagles

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

With the way the Phils offense is, I don't care if Pete Happy goes 0-fer as long as he continues to flash the leather at 3rd

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 28, 2009, 08:57:38 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 28, 2009, 08:54:55 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on October 28, 2009, 08:52:45 PM
How did the Phillies score first in the 2008 WS?

PHILLIES 1ST: Rollins flied to right; Werth walked; the Rays
used an exaggerated shift in the infield for Utley and
Howard; Utley homered [Werth scored]; Utley homers in his
first World Series at bat
; Howard grounded out (second to
first); Burrell was called out on strikes; 2 R, 1 H, 0 E, 0 LOB.
Phillies 2, Devil Rays 0.

lol @ answering rhetorical questions with such great detail.

It's what I do for a living.  8)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 28, 2009, 08:30:45 PM
but he is what he is.....a defensive 3rd basemen.  so as long as he plays strong d then i can somewhat tolerate his offensive short comings. 

true

Geowhizzer

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 28, 2009, 08:56:11 PM
2nd question: why do I know that but not FOX? Maybe that fun factoid got buried under the stack of papers about Kate Hudson.

To be fair, it is hard for Joe Buck to find those tidbits without getting up from Jeter's groin.

QB Eagles

I never expect anything positive at the plate from Pedro and I'm fine with it, especially when the other 8 can hit like they do.

Geowhizzer

At least Feliz isn't David Bell.  I do wonder, though, if Placido Polanco ever regrets not being willing to play third for the Phils?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 28, 2009, 09:04:50 PM
I never expect anything positive at the plate from Pedro and I'm fine with it, especially when the other 8 can hit like they do.

i don't really expect much from chooch either.  he just has a knack for getting some big hits in the postseason.  but he's great behind the plate and handles the staff well. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 28, 2009, 09:06:03 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on October 28, 2009, 09:04:50 PM

i don't really expect much from chooch either.  he just has a knack for getting some big hits in the postseason.  but he's great behind the plate and handles the staff well. 

Senor Octubre

QB Eagles

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 28, 2009, 08:56:11 PM
2nd question: why do I know that but not FOX? Maybe that fun factoid got buried under the stack of papers about Kate Hudson.

Need more Jeff Gordon shots.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 28, 2009, 09:05:23 PM
I do wonder, though, if Placido Polanco ever regrets not being willing to play third for the Phils?

good question.  i doubt it.  dook was one of my favorite phillies at the time and is still one of my favorite players.  would have loved to see him stay but can't really blame him for wanting out either.  phils were an average team at the time. 

Sgt PSN