2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

interesting stat of the day

sabathia had thrown 253 innings entering his start vs the phillies last year

he has thrown 252 2/3 ip going into tomorrows start
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

The decision to go with Pedro is very good. The setting is perfect. He has the attitude to pitch in Yankee Stadium and you know he'll deliver a solid start. The atmosphere is gonna be awesome. You know the fans there will have the "whose your daddy" chant going on.

I doubt Hamels will care one way or the other. He's probably looking at magazine cover offers or some other crap.

Munson

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2009, 10:37:36 PM
The decision to go with Pedro is very good. The setting is perfect. He has the attitude to pitch in Yankee Stadium and you know he'll deliver a solid start. The atmosphere is gonna be awesome. You know the fans there will have the "whose your daddy" chant going on.

I doubt Hamels will care one way or the other. He's probably looking at magazine cover offers or some other crap.

They showed an interview with him on CSN and he said something to the effect of "No not at all" (after being asked if he was hurt by the decision/it effected him at all) and "Cliff has been great and Pedro looked real good in his last start and has a history with the Yankees" etc
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

I think Hamels is well aware of who is performing and who isn't, and he has no one to bitch at but himself.

BigEd76

LBIggle

Sgt PSN

mpmcgraw

I don't like Pedro going game 2. 

Yankee stadium is a joke and Pedro isn't exactly a strikeout pitcher anymore.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

If by start trouble you mean state my opinion then, yes.

I wouldn't feel much better about Hamels, but the chance he is going to dominate even the Yankees is always there.  There is no chance in hell Pedro dominates the Yankees and if he can go six and give up 3 runs it would be a miracle.  I just don't see the upside to this. 

MDS

You have to be the only one who wants that vagina Hamels pitching. He's been farging awful and the second something doesn't go right he'll get his labia all sandy all that's it.

I get the feeling you elect to go with the "un" popular opinion so you can make yourself look smarter if it comes true. If it doesn't, then your validated by the fact that the Phillies won. Basically you're a crappy person and you know less about baseball than reese/cole. Notice how I'm not going as far as Munson. I respect you just enough cause we go way back, buddy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

You just described igy, but its okay for him to do it because he occasionally gives you the backhanded validation you desperately need. 

Right now everything I post is as inherently irrational as your posts normally are because in a 7 game series between two fairly evenly matched teams being sure of something, anything, one way or the other is retarded. 

I just don't have a good feeling about it.  I have no problem with being wrong about any of this.  There is nothing backing it up.  When there is data backing up my conclusions it shows because 9/10 I will be right.

If someone argues with me and make mildly coherent points I might even change my mind.  I'm fickle like that.

PhillyPhreak54

Pedro is a big game pitcher. That is his environment and he'll feed off of those scumbag NYers.

I cant farging wait until this series gets going.

I'm tired of waiting. Seeing them blast CC would give me wood.

I think Werth has a big game.