2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

jimmy was on jay leno via satellite last night.  jay had 10 questions for him.  most of it was lame, but there were a few funny ones thrown in there:

q:  who is the best switch hitter ever?  a.  mickey mantle, b.  pete rose, c. elton john

jimmy answered c

q:  who on the phils has the weirdest pre-game supersticion?

a.  shane victorino has these balance crystals that he keeps in a little blue bag tied around his neck and before he takes the field he sprays something in the air to activate them. 

q:  who wins the world series?

a.  if we're nice, we'll let it go to 6.  but phillies in 5. 

PhillyGirl

Anyone think the decision to go Pedro for game 2 will hurt little Cole's fragile mind?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

who gives a shtein?  if he can't man up in front of the home crowd and pitch well, then he definitely can't do it in ny.  so farg him and whatever he thinks until he grows a set.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

charlie looks awesome

pedros hair looks like its in a thick hair net

and farg cole that vagina, let him think whatever he wants. Hoyda.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

i'm pretty sure pedro is wearing a sweater tucked into his khakis.

Rome

bwahahaha...

QuotePa. woman charged with offering sex for WS tickets

The Associated Press

BENSALEM, Pa. - Police in a Philadelphia suburb they've arrested a woman who offered sex for World Series tickets.

Bensalem police say 43-year-old Susan Finkelstein was arrested on Tuesday.

Investigators say Finkelstein posted an ad on the Web site Craigslist that stated she was a die-hard Phillies fan and buxom blonde in desperate need of two World Series tickets.

Police say her posting went on to say the price was negotiable and that "I'm the creative type! Maybe we can help each other!"

An undercover officer responded to the ad. Police say Finkelstein offered to perform various sex acts in exchange for World Series tickets.

She is charged with prostitution and related offenses. Her listed phone number was disconnected, and it couldn't immediately be determined if she had an attorney.

Sgt PSN

finkelstein?  so not only is she too cheap to buy her own tickets, but she would probably just lay there while getting shagged too. 

does the po po really have nothing better to do than go undercover in order to bust some trashy middle aged skank that just wants to go to a phillies game? 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

i don't know why anyone thought cole and his never ending bleeding vagina would get the start in NY.  he needs every edge he can get to go out hold the opposition to a run an inning.

MDS

LBIggle

and she wanted WS ticket(s).. like more then 1?  i might let her watch it on my black and white portable in my dungeon basement, and she has to give up the chocolate cheerio.

phattymatty