2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

QuoteWe've got a bunch of nice guys in here,'' one Dodger said. "Those guys over there, they are tough. (Shane) Victorino is a tough SOB. And (Chase) Utley, he drops a knee whenever the runner comes in at second. When Larry Bowa managed those guys he warned (Utley) that guys would get mad if he drops a knee on (baserunners), and Utley told him, "I don't give a ----.''

About the Phillies, Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said, "They're a tough club, not just wins and losses but how they approach the game. They play it hard, and they play it that way all the time. They play with a relentlessness, and they absolutely refuse to be beat.'' Using the Phillies as a measuring stick, the young Dodgers still have a little work to do. One young Dodgers star made it a point before every game to seek out Peter Gammons with the intention of high-fiving him. The Phillies players don't suck up to anyone.

If I wasn't so unbias in my analysis of players I'd say Utley was the best player in baseball.  I love stories like this.  Top 5 isn't bad though.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

IGY, farg off. The South Jerseyans?

You mean those who live 12 minutes from the stadium and live and die for their teams just as much as the South Philly folk?

Farg you. Live in the area your whole life and then pass judgment.

editing to add...season ticket holder with my dad for the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies at different times in his/my life. Never missed a (Sunday) Eagles game until I moved to LA (drove home from NY to Philly in the 8 years I lived in NY...for EVERY Sunday game)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mpmcgraw

Especially since Philly is kind of a steaming pile of shtein right now. If south jersey didnt share a state with north jersey it'd be an awesome place to live.

bowzer

This whole argument is gay.  Questioning someone's fanhood because of their age is gay.  Obviously there are iceholes that just rock the Phillies gear because they want to be part of something... but there are also plenty of college age kids who grew up in/around Philadelphia, following the teams just as passionately as you...

speaking of the fradulent fans...
I saw an ugly North Jersey whore rocking a Phils shirt talking to her friend about how she's really a yankees fan and will be wearing yankees blue this week... I wish we could send all these north jersey pieces of shtein back to their crapwhole of a state and away from our colleges.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 22, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

lol didnt you live in california and new jack city

not that you have to live there to recognize all the awful bandwagon kids from marlton that go to phillie games now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

i don't get it.  because young(er) people didn't grow up watching truly awful phillies teams, they are bandwagoners? 

ice grillin you

no bandwagoners are bandwagoners...this isnt nucleur physics...go to the bank a few times and youll see who im talking about....five thousand douchnozzles sitting in ashburn alley texting the whole game...or sitting in the stands on their cell phone telling friends they are at the phillies game and wanna know whats up afterwards and proceed to make plans for the next half hour...watching about 10 total at bats the whole game...then when a run scores jumping up and being the #1 phillie fan in the land

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

bowzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2009, 10:10:09 PM
no bandwagoners are bandwagoners...this isnt nucleur physics...go to the bank a few times and youll see who im talking about....five thousand douchnozzles sitting in ashburn alley texting the whole game...or sitting in the stands on their cell phone telling friends they are at the phillies game and wanna know whats up afterwards and proceed to make plans for the next half hour...watching about 10 total at bats the whole game...then when a run scores jumping up and being the #1 phillie fan in the land

Can you give me more lessons on being a fan?

Sgt PSN

sounds like every baseball stadium in the country ever since cell phones became common place.

bowzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 22, 2009, 10:34:36 PM

sounds like every baseball stadium in the country ever since cell phones became common place.

I really don't get IGY's criticism.  Should we all turn off our cellphones/blackberries when going to a baseball game? 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2009, 09:53:30 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 22, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

lol didnt you live in california and new jack city

not that you have to live there to recognize all the awful bandwagon kids from marlton that go to phillie games now

Yes, and guess what? I remained a die hard Philly fan. I meant YOU. I don't pass judgment on others' fandom. YOU do.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen