2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the people in center city in large part could have cared less about any drought...they were young ignorant morons like you who know little to nothing about sports...they just wanted to party and be a part of something...the scale is obviously larger but no different than new years eve to most ...and as i said weve all done that a million times in our lives...and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that its just not the scene older heads wanna be a part of

and of course there were drunks at the parade...i was one of them...but tell me how many elders or families were at city hall last year the night of the game...i didnt see any...the parade is for ALL...

city hall after a game is not about love of city or team its about love of self and wanting to tell people you were there and trying to get on youtube...again thats fine....but not where i would ever be again if i get so lucky to have another title
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

ok, so then we ALL agree that frankford & cottman >>>>>>> center city.

moving back to the subject - what do you guys think the rotation will look like ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2009, 03:50:17 PM
the people in center city in large part could have cared less about any drought...they were young ignorant morons like you who know little to nothing about sports...they just wanted to party and be a part of something...the scale is obviously larger but no different than new years eve to most ...and as i said weve all done that a million times in our lives...and theres absolutely nothing wrong with that its just not the scene older heads wanna be a part of

and of course there were drunks at the parade...i was one of them...but tell me how many elders or families were at city hall last year the night of the game...i didnt see any...the parade is for ALL...

city hall after a game is not about love of city or team its about love of self and wanting to tell people you were there and trying to get on youtube...again thats fine....but not where i would ever be again if i get so lucky to have another title

No, the parade was for the families with little kids and old heads so THEY could say "I took my kid to the parade" or "I was at the parade"...THe parade was like 75% milque toast white families that could afford to take the day off from work and drive from wherever they were to get to Philly....the night of was about anybody and everybody who was around going out and celebrating...White, black, latino, old, young, biker, gangsta, office worker, college student...That was special. Again, only a scumbag like you would let the people around you effect how you enjoy the victory. And I've been in places like that on New Years, it was NOTHING like that.

You are such a farging moron it's sad. The way you think is sad and it makes me sad that we agree on so much shtein politically because I'd like to think I'm not as sorry a human being as you are.

Sean-I don't know if I'm alone in this but at this point I think I'd rather see Pedro in game 2 and Cole in Game 3. Then again Cole might be hurt too much by the home fans if they boo him in game 3.

Blanton needs to be in there somewhere too. He hasn't been spectacular but after Lee he's probably been the most consistent.

If the Phils can get to CC like they did last year, I don't see the other guys on their staff being good enough to beat the Phillies in the WS.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

lee's obviously game 1 to pitch him as many times as possible.  i think pedro's earned another game 2 start.  hamels doesn't need to worry about the NY crowd on top of the fact that he sucks and has a mangina, and keep the L R L in order.   so i guess start him in game 3 and blanton in 4.  happ did fine against NY in i believe it was his 1st or 2nd start throwing almost nothing but fastballs, so have him ready to roll as long relief. 

ice grillin you

lee - obvious

pedro - i let him go in yankee stadium i dont know that nicole will be able to handle it whereas pedro knows all about it

nicole

happ/blanton - tough call....theres a lot of yanks that rake blanton...arod and posada both hit over .400 against him and i believe jeter tex are both well over 300....but is happ ready for this kind of stage....happs turns posada and tex to the right side of the plate where they both hit better from but really since they both hit blanton does this even matter...i guess i would go with blanton and have a quick hook with happ waiting in the wings ready to go...i think anyway you look at it the phillies better score a lot of runs in game four
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Good god munson is stupid. An all timer as far as I'm concerned.

As for the rotation cole will go in game 2. I want pedro there but chuck is loyal to his bitches.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

Eagles_Legendz

They're going to pitch Cole in game 2.  I don't think they should but I'd be shocked if he's not out there.

reese125

man-rodriguez and crew have to be salivating watching cole and his dead straight right down the middle 90 mile and hour fastball

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2009, 04:19:31 PM
happ/blanton - tough call....theres a lot of yanks that rake blanton...arod and posada both hit over .400 against him and i believe jeter tex are both well over 300....but is happ ready for this kind of stage....happs turns posada and tex to the right side of the plate where they both hit better from but really since they both hit blanton does this even matter...i guess i would go with blanton and have a quick hook with happ waiting in the wings ready to go...i think anyway you look at it the phillies better score a lot of runs in game four

happ's first start of the year was against the yanks, wasn't it?  i remember him starting a game against them in ny and he pitched fairly well.  had it not been for one of lidge's meltdowns, i beleive happ would have won that game.

it's probably a coin flip though.  happ had success against the yanks earlier in the year but has looked like ish in the playoffs.  blanton has been the most consistant phillies pitcher this year (in terms of opening day roster) and has veteran experience, but the yanks lineup pretty much owns him.  

hopefully the angels can extend this series a game or two so that ny can't set their rotation going into game 1.  

also, a buddy of mine that's a yanks fan thinks that joba is going to be in the ws starting rotation.  um, yes please.  

BigEd76

Happ started that FOX game where Mayberry hit a 3-run shot off Pettitte and they thought some fan wearing a Cuba jersey was his dad.  f'ing Lidge...

Sgt PSN

yep, that's the game i'm talking about.

and lidge's regular season don't bother me one bit right now.  might have something to do with that 0.00 post season era he's rocking. 

LBIggle

i posted earlier that he did fine in what was his like first or second start of the season, but what really impressed me was him throwing almost nothing but fastballs.  i think only because he hasn't looked great coming out of the pen is why he doesn't get the start.  but should be ready as a long guy since either cole, pedro, or blanton are probably coming out of their respective games early against their line up.  i think once he finds a grove, barring it being after giving up a bunch of runs then i think he'll be fine.

Seabiscuit36

my only regret from the parade last year was not meeting up with IGY and giving him a big ol hug after he predictedit would happen at the ATL/Birds game. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mpmcgraw

I'm going Yankees in 5.

I just can't see the Phils repeating or as much as I love Pedro him outpitching Pettite or CC (assuming he's the one going game 4).  Blanton and Happ are okay, but not against the Yankees.  As much as I love Lee I can't see him going 2-0 against them.