2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 22, 2009, 12:48:01 PM
TJ's newest schtick
T.J. Simers

Some of you weren't amused by the L.A. Times columnist or his jokes about Philly. Don't sweat it. It's just shtick, and it's all he has. I mean, how sad is it that he spends his days cracking wise on Page 2 of a dying newspaper?

lol @ drunken uglies.  that's so much better than the gang bangers throwing beer at and slapping women.  

2 pages of defending manny too.  manny is done.  he can't turn on inside fastball's any more and he doesn't get the clutch hits.  now he's just a clown with average numbers and a $20mil player option for next year.  have fun with that dodger fans.  

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 22, 2009, 01:07:21 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 22, 2009, 12:48:01 PM
TJ's newest schtick
T.J. Simers

Some of you weren't amused by the L.A. Times columnist or his jokes about Philly. Don't sweat it. It's just shtick, and it's all he has. I mean, how sad is it that he spends his days cracking wise on Page 2 of a dying newspaper?

lol @ drunken uglies.  that's so much better than the gang bangers throwing beer at and slapping women.  

2 pages of defending manny too.  manny is done.  he can't turn on inside fastball's any more and he doesn't get the clutch hits.  now he's just a clown with average numbers and a $20mil player option for next year.  have fun with that dodger fans.  

I truly despise Simers.  Bud Selig is a close second.  Simers was a tool when he was on the original "Around The Horn".  One goofy looking dude. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

interesting stat about grit:

QuoteChase Utley walked to reach safely for the 25th straight postseason game, tying Boog Powell's major league record.

never would have thunk it with the way he's been swinging the bat and looking at called 3rd strikes this post season. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: sean_sec227 on October 22, 2009, 11:40:37 AM
so you like the possibilty of a guy that climbed a street light getting clunked in the head with bottle over the millions of people celebrating a parade.

meh, i love going to frankford and cottman, all 3 times in my lifetime but i like parade that much better. but to each his own. i mean when it comes down to it, can ya really miss on either ?

farg Frankford and Cottman....yeah the parade is great and all that but I'll never forget looking down from my friends dorm and seeing thousands of people running to broad street to charge up to city hall. And just walking/jogging down one side of broad street completely shutting it down, having cars drive by on the other side of the road with their windows down high fiving all the people going towards the hall. The riot police that were there just standing and waiting for something to go down was a pretty crazy site too. I'm sure Frankford and Cottman was crazy too but Broad street was backed up from before city hall on the Temple side for as far down as we could see. My only regret is we didn't tailgate at the stadium again after we did for the first part of game 5, I was so pissed when I heard they opened the gates to CBP and let people stream in.

THe parade is probably amazing, but the initial excitement of winning the world series that night can't be matched 4 days later, IMO.

^^^^That's where you wanna be.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

or you can go to mardi gras...weve all been there and done that...when you grow up youll understand

and the northeast >>>>>>>>>>> douchey center city frat kids south jerseyans and delaware garbage
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

You're an idiot. Go kill yourself. You don't even live in the area.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on October 22, 2009, 02:48:48 PM

munson has a point here.  it's not like igy ever goes to philly.

and lol @ thinking wilmington is living "in the area."

Munson

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 22, 2009, 02:51:24 PM
Quote from: Munson on October 22, 2009, 02:48:48 PM

munson has a point here.  it's not like igy ever goes to philly.

and lol @ thinking wilmington is living "in the area."

lol @ someone living in DC acting like they live in Philly

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Sgt PSN

god you're dumb.  i used to think it was at least a partial act on your part to get attention.  but there's no way someone could purposely act that stupid.  it's all just natural (in)ability on your part.