2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: bowzer on October 20, 2009, 07:13:32 PM
MLB Network just did a countdown of the top 10 hits of the playoffs so far... Rollins' hit, which has only happened two other times in MLB playoff history, was only number two.  The walkoff hit from the Angels game was number one.... and most of the top ten hits were Yankees home runs.

:-D, that is ridiculous I guess since the Angels hit saved their series.  But c'mon really?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on October 20, 2009, 08:06:52 PMI'm lovin Dutch just sittin there like "meh"

Someone had some fun with Wikipedia:

QuoteDuring the 2009 NLCS he correctly predicted that Ryan Howard would hit a home run in his 2nd at bat the following day. In the bottom of the 9th of game 4 of the series Bottalico and the host can seen reacting to the game winning hit with great excitement, Dutch stays motionless and mute through the entire event. He already had seen it happen.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteFirst, to the National League Championship Series on TBS. The Los Angeles market peaked with a 10.9 rating for the Dodgers' Game 1 loss to the Phillies, according to Nielsen Media figures. That game showed substantial growth during the game, with the rating more than doubling to a 14.8 in the late innings from a 7.1 early on. But the Dodgers' afternoon victory in Game 2 produced a 5.9, and Sunday night's 11-0 loss generated just a 7.3.

A closer look at Game 3 reveals a well-earned dissatisfaction among hometown Dodgers fans as the debacle unfolded. The game peaked at a 9.6 locally (or 543,000 households) from 8:15 to 8:30 p.m. Eastern — it had barely begun — and as the Phillies took a 6-0 lead in the second inning, the rating tumbled until it finished with a 4.3 (242,000 homes).

One-quarter of all TV homes have been watching the games in Philadelphia. The game-by-game ratings there would please Ben Franklin: Game 1, a 27.7; Game 2, a 22.2; and Game 3, a 29.1.

It's not easy for a market with 2.95 million TV homes to beat one with nearly twice as many, but that's what Philadelphia has been doing to Los Angeles.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

QuoteThe NLCS is putting up mediocre numbers on TBS.

Dodgers/Phillies Game 4 drew a 3.4/6 U.S. rating and 5.6 million viewers on TBS Monday night, down 32% and 27%, respectively, from a 5.0/8 and 7.7 million for Game 4 between the same two teams on FOX last year.

Compared to past LCS on TBS, Game 4 was down 11% in ratings and 2% in viewership from Rays/Red Sox Game 4 last year (3.8, 5.7 mil), but up 36% and 48%, respectively, from Diamondbacks/Rockies Game 4 in '07 (2.5, 3.8 mil).

Through four games, the NLCS is averaging a 3.4 U.S. rating and 5.5 million viewers on TBS, down 29% in ratings and 25% in viewers from a 4.8 and 7.3 million through four games of last year's NLCS on FOX. Compared to last year's ALCS on TBS, Phillies/Dodgers is down 8% and 5%, respectively, from the first four games of Rays/Red Sox (3.7, 5.7 mil).

While comfortably above the record-low '07 Rockies/Diamondbacks NLCS (2.8, 4.3 mil), the Phillies/Dodgers series is not performing particularly well -- and unless the series goes six or seven games, it should finish as the second-lowest rated League Championship Series in history.

Games 3 and 4 of the series currently rank as 2 of the 5 lowest rated primetime LCS telecasts ever. The 3.0 for Game 3 is the third-lowest rating ever for a primetime LCS game, ahead of two Rockies/Diamondbacks games that began at 10 PM ET.

The series is not even putting up strong numbers relative to the Division Series -- only 1 game of the Phillies/Dodgers series (Game 1) ranks among the 5 highest rated games of the '09 postseason on TBS.

To put the numbers in perspective, TBS sister network TNT averaged a 5.4 U.S. rating and 8.6 million viewers for the Magic/Cavaliers NBA Eastern Conference Finals in May. Magic/Cavaliers featured the #17 and #19 markets*, while Phillies/Dodgers features the #2 and #4 markets. The NLCS is also barely outperforming the 3.3 and 5.3 million viewers 6 NASCAR races drew on TNT in June and July.

lol @ baseball

if they cant put up good numbers from the 2 and 4 markets than i dont know. yea the fact that no one in LA cares doesnt help, but farging selig has to got be worse than bettman at this point.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

bowzer

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2009, 09:10:39 PM
QuoteThe NLCS is putting up mediocre numbers on TBS.

Dodgers/Phillies Game 4 drew a 3.4/6 U.S. rating and 5.6 million viewers on TBS Monday night, down 32% and 27%, respectively, from a 5.0/8 and 7.7 million for Game 4 between the same two teams on FOX last year.

Compared to past LCS on TBS, Game 4 was down 11% in ratings and 2% in viewership from Rays/Red Sox Game 4 last year (3.8, 5.7 mil), but up 36% and 48%, respectively, from Diamondbacks/Rockies Game 4 in '07 (2.5, 3.8 mil).

Through four games, the NLCS is averaging a 3.4 U.S. rating and 5.5 million viewers on TBS, down 29% in ratings and 25% in viewers from a 4.8 and 7.3 million through four games of last year's NLCS on FOX. Compared to last year's ALCS on TBS, Phillies/Dodgers is down 8% and 5%, respectively, from the first four games of Rays/Red Sox (3.7, 5.7 mil).

While comfortably above the record-low '07 Rockies/Diamondbacks NLCS (2.8, 4.3 mil), the Phillies/Dodgers series is not performing particularly well -- and unless the series goes six or seven games, it should finish as the second-lowest rated League Championship Series in history.

Games 3 and 4 of the series currently rank as 2 of the 5 lowest rated primetime LCS telecasts ever. The 3.0 for Game 3 is the third-lowest rating ever for a primetime LCS game, ahead of two Rockies/Diamondbacks games that began at 10 PM ET.

The series is not even putting up strong numbers relative to the Division Series -- only 1 game of the Phillies/Dodgers series (Game 1) ranks among the 5 highest rated games of the '09 postseason on TBS.

To put the numbers in perspective, TBS sister network TNT averaged a 5.4 U.S. rating and 8.6 million viewers for the Magic/Cavaliers NBA Eastern Conference Finals in May. Magic/Cavaliers featured the #17 and #19 markets*, while Phillies/Dodgers features the #2 and #4 markets. The NLCS is also barely outperforming the 3.3 and 5.3 million viewers 6 NASCAR races drew on TNT in June and July.

lol @ baseball

if they cant put up good numbers from the 2 and 4 markets than i dont know. yea the fact that no one in LA cares doesnt help, but farging selig has to got be worse than bettman at this point.

Instead of having a 2.5 to 3 hour game, they load it up with commercials and make it offer four....

They are going to attract anyone outside of Philadelphia.

MDS

has nothing to do with commercials

baseball playoff games always take longer. commercials account for no more than 10 extra minutes.

the sport has no national appeal outside of boston, nyy and the cubs. blame selig and fox for that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

bowzer

I go to Sunday games... and get out of there by four.  They let ridiculous shtein go on like players running in for their cleats, and pitchers taking forty minutes a pitch.  Obviously, if you aren't a Phils/Dodgers fan, you aren't going to give a farg.  Football/Basketball etc have an appeal to other fanbases. I'm going to watch a Viking/Packers game in Lambeau... but I'm certainly not going to give a farg about Twins/Tigers in August.

QB Eagles

The thing that's hurting the series isn't the baseball, it's the network. Do you really think it's a coincidence that the three lowest rated championship series of all time are precisely the three that have been on cable?

MDS

thats a minor part of it

but the numbers have been going down, fox included. it doesnt help that tbs doesnt broadcast any games outside of sunday afternoon bullshtein and then boom, have the playoffs. espn didnt want them cause the muck up their football and fox didnt want the division series cause it mucks up their fall sked.

go selig.

mpmcgraw

MDS