2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Every idiot fan thinks every idiot announcer or writer is rooting against them. Some of them probably are but most of them are good enough to not show favoritism. But, it really doesn't matter. Whatever Joe Buck says or does has nor barring on the outcome of the game. So let it go, stop pretending to be personally insulted because you think some smug, talentless announcer hates your team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

reese125

Joe Buck makes fall ball...but cmon...lets hear for the 10,000th time how every announcer sucks at their job.

Don Ho

Has TJ Simers looked in the mirror recently?  He ain't no GQ cover model himself.  That guy has always been a tool.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Joe Buck is terrible to listen to for either baseball or football.

His call of the Phillies winning last year was so bad, it hurts to listen to.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

not for us...but to be fair last year could have been the single worst world series ever...there might have been some as bad in terms of teams involved lack of excitement and overall boringness but the two part clinching game of last year i think puts it above all the rest in terms of zestyness...if i wasnt a phillie fan im not sure i could have gotten up for it either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

well yea, but hes been just beyond brutal in other series

the best guys are the ones without the act, like dan shulman and sean mcdonough, they just call the games. but crusty old people like joe buck. why do you think the suits at hbo gave him his own show?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

my point is if you went back to the final batter of the hideous white sox astros sweep in 05 or whenever it was youd find the pbp guy to be quite unenthusiastic as well

MDS

my point is it doesnt matter

phillies win, philles win. joe buck sucks, joe buck sucks. important thing is they won.

BigEd76

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 14, 2009, 09:29:53 PM
I'm kind of with igy.

I honestly don't see us getting by this series.  Let alone in 5.

Todd, was it $20 or $50?

mpmcgraw

BigEd76

I know....just pointing out that you agreed with igy....zero chance it goes 5...

mpmcgraw

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2009, 01:37:16 PM
Every idiot fan thinks every idiot announcer or writer is rooting against them. Some of them probably are but most of them are good enough to not show favoritism. But, it really doesn't matter. Whatever Joe Buck says or does has nor barring on the outcome of the game. So let it go, stop pretending to be personally insulted because you think some smug, talentless announcer hates your team.

I don't really care one way or the other, but Joe Buck is borderline unlistenable.  He is just a moron who gets his panties wet over zesty players like Juan Pierre and Rocco Baldelli.

Just another sensationalist that is less concerned with the game than the story.

MDS

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 20, 2009, 02:33:46 PM
I know....just pointing out that you agreed with igy....zero chance it goes 5...

EASY E MOTHA fargA

dats ma boiiii rite der

PhillyPhreak54

So....Happy won ROY? That's cool, I guess. Maybe it will help him throw strikes and quit nibbling. Not really...

As for the announcers - there is no reason to think the TBS guys could hate unless you think Caray's blinded by his Braves connections. And the contempt that organization shows towards Philadelphia is palpable as evidence by Smoltz's bickering back in the day, and McCann and Cox crying about CBP this year.

Darling is pretty good, but he's a Met...so maybe deep down he doesn't like Philly - but I haven't heard any rips from him.

ice grillin you

the mlb ROY doesnt come out until after the season with all the other awards and theres zero chance he wins it over hanson

he must have won some website or magazine ROY award today

and not that i believe hes biased towards the phils but if you had to go one way or the other darling is pro phillie if anything....hes loves on them during met broadcasts much less on a national telecast