2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

And not one BlackBerry post while at the game. ToddFail.

Who did you get a foul ball from? What section?

MDS

it was too cold to type and what energy i did have as spent taking pics and uploading 2 of them to facebook.

i was in 109, right field. manny hit the ball, it went over me, i look down, and the ball is lying there. i pick it up and start screaming and buddies go nuts. my first foul ball ever. i felt like a 2 year old.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

haha just heard chip careys call

"heres the throw to the plate, not in time!"

the ball didnt even make it out of the outfield. what a farging buffoon. he sucks so much.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 20, 2009, 01:34:09 AM
it was too cold to type and what energy i did have as spent taking pics and uploading 2 of them to facebook.

i was in 109, right field. manny hit the ball, it went over me, i look down, and the ball is lying there. i pick it up and start screaming and buddies go nuts. my first foul ball ever. i felt like a 2 year old.

Good stuff. AT least you didn't roll out in the top of the 8th like some guy on PhilaPhans did.

MDS

the people i got the tix from left early, but they had a legit reason. i didnt see too many people leave. the bottom sections were still pretty full. some at the top were emptier, but it was hard to tell because so many people never sit there to begin with so they can stand closer or in ashburn.

i left the todd pratt walkoff against boston game early. since then, no sir. and it was a 1 run game. game 4 of the nlcs. like really. who leaves early.

Rome

I listened to Franzke's call from the start of Rollins' at-bat to about 15 minutes afterward.    Gotta love MLB.TV with the replays and shtein.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 20, 2009, 01:19:10 AM
http://www.dodgerblues.com/fanforum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19258

How a few Dodgers fans feel about CBP:

Quote2- As the Dodgers were taking the field in the bottom of the 7th, the jumbotron in left field played the steroid commercial with the crumbling statue. Of course Manny had to walk straight in that direction while the stadium filled with 'steroids' chants. Truly classless.

It was just shocking to see that stadium when contrasted with Dodger stadium (at least from the organizational standpoint) which tries to create a less farged up atmosphere.

Last comment- Philly is such a piece of shtein organization that they don't even have a "Let's Go Phillies" chant, it was always "Beat LA". That phrasing makes you think that the philly org (and really ANY org that ONLY chants Beat LA) has a severe inferiority complex. The Dodgers are clearly the historically superior team and so for philly fans, the 'big feat' would be to beat la, not just win. It's true and it ties back into what everyone else was saying. The fans just seemed too nice when it came to personal interaction. I felt a sense of self-entitlement and no one took that away from me, not even when they were up 11-0 and throwing a 3-hitter. I couldn't tell if I was at a Nationals game or if I was in the Stepford Wives.

That's all for now.

PS- About half my section left at the end of the 7th inning. School night? Blow out game? farg you philly fans, it's game 3 of the NLCS. Phillies fans will forever have the stigma of leaving early as far as I'm concerned.

farg YOU Hoyda!  Oh and "Phillies Suck" is so original.  Go suck on a mimosa you queer.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Big mahalo to my boy Seabiscuit for keeping me updated on my blackberry from the 4th to top of the 8th inning.  Had our first day of basketball practice and I blew off last year's first practice as it was on the same day of Game 5 WS part I.  The girls know I love the Phillies so they kept asking me "Coach, are we winning?"  I love it.  Wednesday should be equally as stressful.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Don Ho

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Did Caray say something along the lines of "The Dodgers only need 5 more outs (when there were 8 outs left for them) because Broxton has the 9th inning and is automatic"?

I thought I heard something like that last night, but I want to make sure.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillymic2000

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 20, 2009, 08:05:08 AM
Did Caray say something along the lines of "The Dodgers only need 5 more outs (when there were 8 outs left for them) because Broxton has the 9th inning and is automatic"?

I thought I heard something like that last night, but I want to make sure.

It was the third guy in the booth, can't remember what his name was, but he 100% said something along those lines. Fargin Hilarious and sad at the same time.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

It was Buck Martinez.  He does the show on XM in the morning and a caller from Philly called him on it this morning.

You'd think Scott Graham (his partner) would have slapped him but they're too busy making googly eyes at each other for that to ever happen.