2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 20, 2009, 12:33:06 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 20, 2009, 12:30:28 AM
torre going with padilla wednesday

eventhough he threw a gem on friday, i don't think crazy vicente has the type of stuff to dominate any team twice within a week, let alone the phils lineup. 

he has the stuff the question is does he have the temperment....i can see the crowd really gettin to him burt hooten style
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

i dont know if torre already backed off padilla or espn doesnt know their shtein and is just assuming its the two game one starters because their baseball tonight people just said kershaw hamels on wed

mpmcgraw

Unbelievable. Had no faith once Dobbs came up and rollins was on deck.

I'm done ragging on Jimmy about the playoffs. He is still going to suck again next year, but that's OK. He doesn't make much. Raul is the big problem with that.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out clutchness is not a skill.

ice grillin you

Munson

Jimmy can bat .200 for the rest of the playoffs for all I care, as long as the few hits he gets are in those spots.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mpmcgraw

Eh he didn't prove me wrong.

One hit doesn't erase a season of evidence.

PhillyPhreak54

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/430/e2e15bbfb46ab5e40b388ea.jpg

Perfect form.

Great AB.

I'm telling ya...there is nothing better than everything on the line post season baseball. GOAT

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.dodgerblues.com/fanforum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19258

How a few Dodgers fans feel about CBP:

Quote2- As the Dodgers were taking the field in the bottom of the 7th, the jumbotron in left field played the steroid commercial with the crumbling statue. Of course Manny had to walk straight in that direction while the stadium filled with 'steroids' chants. Truly classless.

It was just shocking to see that stadium when contrasted with Dodger stadium (at least from the organizational standpoint) which tries to create a less farged up atmosphere.

Last comment- Philly is such a piece of shtein organization that they don't even have a "Let's Go Phillies" chant, it was always "Beat LA". That phrasing makes you think that the philly org (and really ANY org that ONLY chants Beat LA) has a severe inferiority complex. The Dodgers are clearly the historically superior team and so for philly fans, the 'big feat' would be to beat la, not just win. It's true and it ties back into what everyone else was saying. The fans just seemed too nice when it came to personal interaction. I felt a sense of self-entitlement and no one took that away from me, not even when they were up 11-0 and throwing a 3-hitter. I couldn't tell if I was at a Nationals game or if I was in the Stepford Wives.

That's all for now.

PS- About half my section left at the end of the 7th inning. School night? Blow out game? farg you philly fans, it's game 3 of the NLCS. Phillies fans will forever have the stigma of leaving early as far as I'm concerned.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Who gives a flying farg about those sunburned migrant farming Sun Mos?

MDS

not sure what to say, easily the best game of my life

just unreal. getting a foul ball. sitting in front of retards. this guys hair in front of us. j rol. the scene after he hit it. i dont know. just amazing. i could write a million gay sarge poems now. but i wont. too happy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.