2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I see way more necks at baseball games than I do at football games. White trash can't afford football tickets.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

And they don't have the attention span or intelligence to understand baseball.

Rednecks love huntin' and fishin', NASCAR and UFC. All while drinking Lonestar Beer and beatin their women.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on October 19, 2009, 12:44:45 PM
Nothing is white trashier than baseball fans. Well NASCAR fans, obviously, but they're running neck and neck.

Worst pun ever.  And trust me, I know from bad puns.

MDS

yes it was a blowout and on cable but more people in LA watched the friggin bears/falcons game than game 3.

but no, baseball needs LA/NY. big ratings!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

I have to agree with both rjs and phreak.

There are a lot of rednecks that watch baseball, but they have no idea what they are looking at.

They think Rollins is the phillies best player because he can run the fastest in a circle (much like nascar) and can't differentiate from the offense shteinting the bed on themselves against a zesty pitcher and a pitcher actually shutting an offense down.

It's ridiculously annoying.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 19, 2009, 03:42:36 PM
I have to agree with both rjs and phreak.

There are a lot of rednecks that watch baseball, but they have no idea what they are looking at.

They think Rollins is the phillies best player because he can run the fastest in a circle (much like nascar) and can't differentiate from the offense shteinting the bed on themselves against a zesty pitcher and a pitcher actually shutting an offense down.

It's ridiculously annoying.
You mean as annoying as your borderline psychotic Rollins hate?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Three time all-star, two time Gold Glove winner (soon to be three) and 2007 NL MVP.  Oh, and WFC in 2008 (and soon to be a repeat winner in 2009).

Yep.

He stinks.

mpmcgraw

I'm not saying Rollins wasn't good.  I'm saying he isn't good.

If there was any reason to believe he would bounce back next year I'd be all over it, but as of yet I don't see any evidence to suggest this.  Maybe he was hurt much of the year and hiding it and that would change everything, but until then he is a bad baseball player.

I don't care much about what he accomplished in the past, I care about what he is going to do now and in the future.  I guess I'm not as sentimental as you guys.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

My favorite is the Jimmy Rollins one-pitch at bat. In a slump? Might as well swing at every first pitch you see.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

mpmcgraw

Yeah, not good at baseball would be more accurate than bad baseball player.  I amend my statement.