2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

lol @ continuing to blame happ

utley has been non existent. rollins and vic arent getting on enough. pedro feliz is pedro feliz but still he is useless.

blame them you monkeys. ja happ is a starter who walked in a run. not great, but this team doesnt win games with pitching.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no ones blaming happ...just saying he isnt ready for the big time yet...one look at his face and you can see the terror
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Happ isn't a reliever.  He shouldn't be being placed in that spot anyway and he wouldn't be if the lame asses in the bullpen weren't completely shteinting the bed.

Again - there was no reason in the world to have removed Pete Martin.  NONE.

ice grillin you

i had a way bigger problem with removing madson...altho im with you i would have ridden pedro until his next baserunner

its just uncanny what this game has done to me...i feel like its the week after the tommy hutton game

PhillyPhreak54

So if Pedro says he's done and Charlie and Dubee can see he's done...you continue to ride him?

What sense does that make?

MDS

the blame falls on madson and lidge

one is supposed to be the set up game. the other the closer. both have eaten starched icehole this year.

those guys fail, manuel has to scramble to fill the holes or roll the dice with starters and middle relievers. you play this game, youre gonna get got a lot and welcome to the 2009 phillies.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 18, 2009, 12:36:25 PM
So if Pedro says he's done and Charlie and Dubee can see he's done...you continue to ride him?

What sense does that make?

Does it make more sense to ask Pedro to throw another 15 pitches or put a guy (or guys as it happened) that had no shot at closing the game out?

Look, the Phillies lost that game because they played shteintty defense and because they didn't beat the snot out of a worthless hack in Vicente Padilla.  But taking Pedro out and replacing him with guys who had nothing contributed to the loss too.

ice grillin you

reasons they lost

1. gritty utley
2. taking madson out

3-10 - whetever else you wanna pick at...removing pedro being one of those things

MDS

you are stupid

THEY SCORED 1 RUN OFF VICENTE PADILLA. 1 fargING RUN. BLAME THE BATS YOU fargING JOKE.

mpmcgraw

He's just trying to counter my Rollins hate with Utley hate.  It's obvious what he is doing.

The difference between Rollins and Utley right now is that while they are both sucking you know Utley is going to be back to himself next year and is a future HOFer while Rollins has sucked all year and will likely suck next year. 

Vicente Padilla.  Can't get over that.

QB Eagles

I don't blame Happ for losing the game, but he and Chooch do deserve some serious blame for walking Ethier. I'd rather see an underhand slow pitch right down the pike than a walk in that spot. Whether the Dodgers go up by 1 run or 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th, the Phils' chance of winning becomes miniscule. And then they had Manny with the bases loaded.

Gotta either strike out Ethier or let the ball come in play.

ice grillin you

did yous even watch the game...padilla was absolutely farging filthy

if pedro was a dodger youd be bitching about the phillies getting shut down by a washed up senior citizen making his first start in over a month

both teams faced good pitching performances...one team didnt throw the ball away at the end

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 18, 2009, 01:17:00 PM
I don't blame Happ for losing the game, but he and Chooch do deserve some serious blame for walking Ethier. I'd rather see an underhand slow pitch right down the pike than a walk in that spot. Whether the Dodgers go up by 1 run or 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th, the Phils' chance of winning becomes miniscule. And then they had Manny with the bases loaded.

Gotta either strike out Ethier or let the ball come in play.

i agree on happ...you simply cant walk a guy there...but like i said hes out of his league in the playoffs right now

happ in that 3-10 range of reasons for losing

MDS

to be fair i was covering a high school game, caught innings 5-8.5 on radio and caught most of the bottom of the 8th  on tv. so i didnt see padillas stuff.

but not the point. 1 run is a travesty no matter how 'filthy' someone who didnt make it past little league says padilla was. hes vicente padilla.

ice grillin you

his stuff was off the charts...throwin 95 the whole game withy ridiculous movement

and im the last person that would ever makes excuses for the phillies offense

he would have shut down the yankees friday