2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 16, 2009, 08:39:35 PM
Honestly though, I can't be overly upset about a split in LA.

ummm yes you can....before the game started id be with you...but after pedro deals like he did and to blow it like they did is inexcusable and the two game series is a huge motherfarging loss
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

lol @ them hating on vic

waste your time on choke or raul, you know, someone who isnt trashy and stupid
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2009, 08:45:14 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 16, 2009, 08:39:35 PM
Honestly though, I can't be overly upset about a split in LA.

ummm yes you can....before the game started id be with you...but after pedro deals like he did and to blow it like they did is inexcusable and the two game series is a huge motherfarging loss

hatin to hate

games on the offense. asking the pen to old 2 leads back to back is too much. this pen is what it is. the offense only gettin 1 run off of that drunk nicaraguan is the killer. why they didnt have a 6-0 lead after 7 is beyond me. blame jrol, vic and utley before you blame the pen. you had to pencil the pen in for 2 blown games. 1 down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

LBIggle

if there isn't 3 horrible plays in the 8th maybe the pen holds it.   more then likely though were just bitching about lidge blowing it instead. anyways a 1 run lead is just that whether you score 1 or 10, it'd be nice to see them hold that in the playoffs.  maybe i'd feel better the dodgers beat the phils more then they beat themselves.  and walking in the winning run is just gay.  hopefully lee pitches a CG gem and i can drink a little less.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm angry.

1. Utley needs to get his shtein straight. Not only is his defense shtein, but when is the last time he got a big hit? Step it up, golden boy. I can understand the one last night. Awkward feed from Jimmy led to a flat-footed throw.

But today he has a fat farg Ronnie Belliard lumbering towards him and isn't close enough to have to worry about using the base as protection from a slide. And you have that funhole Russell Martin running down the line, who isn't exactly fast. So you have time to make a throw.

2. JA Happ...you have no testes. You have Ethier 1-2 and then it's nibble time. Nibble time is understandable when you have an open base. But when they are loaded and Manny is lurking on deck you go the farg after the guy. Pitch to contact. Learn from Pedro.

Speaking of Pedro, he's a master. Not only does he have the will to win, he's got the Jeff Garcia Fieryness burning inside. Some of these clowns could learn a thing or two from him.

3. Vicente "Castoff" Padilla shut them down. Are you serious? Tequila swilling, bloodshot eyes Nicaraguan drunkard shut them fools down.

This was a winnable game. Thank you Utley and Happ. You suck.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2009, 08:51:17 PM
someone cares more about money than the team

so weak

its called being realistic. its about winning 7 more games. who cares if it takes 7 games or 12. its about getting it done. in fact, since this is the icing on the cake, might as well go for epic 7 gamers instead of boring ass sweeps. how farging clutch was game 4? if thats game 1 or 2 it aint nearly as good.

the phillies are going to have their rally win in philly. the dodgers got theirs. this is 2 evenly matched teams trading punches. but when it comes down to it the better team that can close the deal will win it. and then youll have your nl title, skippy.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteLOS ANGELES—Just like after any other game, Chase Utley retreated to a bank of laptop computers to deconstruct and mull over aspects of the game he had just played. It's a common sight in the Phillies' clubhouse when the team is on the road. Hunched over a computer screen, Utley is as focused as he is during a baseball game.

All around him there is chaos with the clubhouse attendants packing up gear and moving it to the truck, while teammates dress quickly in order to get on the bus bound for the airport. Within the tumult, the media hangs around waiting for once last nugget of information or bit of insight to plug into a story.

Still, Utley always sits alone with a laptop and sometimes a post-game meal. He's usually dressed in his first layer of uniform clothing and is always caked in dust and dirt after nine innings.

So as Utley sat at a makeshift table by himself with the laptop after Friday afternoon's Game 2 of the NLCS at Dodger Stadium, nothing seemed terribly different from any other game. The difference this time than all the others was Utley had on the goat horns following the Phillies' 2-1 loss to the Dodgers.

That was the different element in the post-game scene. Rarely can a loss ever be pinned on Utley, the perennial All Star who is blessed both with great talent and determination. And even though there is plenty of blame to go around for the loss, it's Utley's error that stands out the most.

No matter how many times you watch it, Utley...its still sails over everyone's head.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2009, 09:04:08 PM
I'm angry.

1. Utley needs to get his shtein straight. Not only is his defense shtein, but when is the last time he got a big hit? Step it up, golden boy. I can understand the one last night. Awkward feed from Jimmy led to a flat-footed throw.

But today he has a fat farg Ronnie Belliard lumbering towards him and isn't close enough to have to worry about using the base as protection from a slide. And you have that funhole Russell Martin running down the line, who isn't exactly fast. So you have time to make a throw.

2. JA Happ...you have no testes. You have Ethier 1-2 and then it's nibble time. Nibble time is understandable when you have an open base. But when they are loaded and Manny is lurking on deck you go the farg after the guy. Pitch to contact. Learn from Pedro.

Speaking of Pedro, he's a master. Not only does he have the will to win, he's got the Jeff Garcia Fieryness burning inside. Some of these clowns could learn a thing or two from him.

3. Vicente "Castoff" Padilla shut them down. Are you serious? Tequila swilling, bloodshot eyes Nicaraguan drunkard shut them fools down.

This was a winnable game. Thank you Utley and Happ. You suck.

so many good points here i dont know where to start

cept vincente...he was awesome...every bit as good if not better because of his "stuff" than pedro...he scares me in the playoffs because it means hes on a good team and in games that mean something...whole lot different than being 20 games under .500 pitching in arlington in august

happ youre so right...he nibbled his ass off....but the problem is thats who he is.....he has no out pitch...can he strike out six guys on cincy in june sure....but in a mlb playoff game he isnt going to get you out of an inning...that said.....give up a three run double in the gap before you walk home a run

yes pedro is insane...its so farging frustrating that they wasted his amazing performance....and overshadowed in this is charlies decision to go with him...he deserves mad credit...in fact charlie has pushed pretty much every right button this whole post season...he certainly hasnt been the train wreck we all know and love

PhillyPhreak54

Quoteso many good points here i dont know where to start

cept vincente...he was awesome...every bit as good if not better because of his "stuff" than pedro...he scares me in the playoffs because it means hes on a good team and in games that mean something...whole lot different than being 20 games under .500 pitching in arlington in august

happ youre so right...he nibbled his ass off....but the problem is thats who he is.....he has no out pitch...can he strike out six guys on cincy in june sure....but in a mlb playoff game he isnt going to get you out of an inning...that said.....give up a three run double in the gap before you walk home a run

yes pedro is insane...its so farging frustrating that they wasted his amazing performance....and overshadowed in this is charlies decision to go with him...he deserves mad credit...in fact charlie has pushed pretty much every right button this whole post season...he certainly hasnt been the train wreck we all know and love

Ain't no doubt Padilla was on today. His movement was what it was when he was young and why I was about the only Padilla fan in the Delaware Valley. He's still aloof as all hell, but the guy can pitch. It's obvious that putting him on a good team means danger. Because like you said, its meaningful baseball and he's got the stuff to make good hitters look stupid.

I didn't like Happ coming in there. I thought Chuck should have stayed with Madson, but its pick your poison because Ryan ain't exactly one to instill confidence. But when he got ahead 1-2, I'm like...put this dude away. And then he started trying to be Tom farging Glavine. Yo rook; you ain't gettin pitches on the black. Go after him with location if you don't have the stuff. Watch what Pedro did. He slops shtein up there and occasionally touches 90 when he has to, but he will bust a guy inside and set hitters up. But when you have a guy 1-2 with the bases loaded you do not walk him.

Give up a hit. Make him beat you. Hell, even if you groove a fastball there chances are slim that he'll get a hit. God damn that AB might have been the most mad I have been all year.

Chuck going with Pedro was the total right call. Just like the right call was to not throw him in COL even though Happ crapped himself. For them to piss that start away is criminal.

My only beef with Charlie was the decision to go with Happ. At first when he took Pedro out I was a little mad, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he said after the game that Martinez was spent...so it was the right move.

You know what? I would have picked Basticho over Happ simply because his fastball has movement.

ice grillin you

i said the same thing to clint at the bar...why go with happ when you needed a punch out there...madson has the stuff to punch people out...which is way more important there than lefty vs lefty...

PhillyPhreak54

Shows how much trust he has in Madson. That he is willing to give up a K pitcher probably because he knows he's been more prone to meltdowns than 3-mile island.

ice grillin you

i dont even think it was a trust issue...i feel like it was overthinking it......lefty vs lefty was callin and he couldnt get away from it

ice grillin you

lets be honest tho...we are looking for things to get mad at when in reality if socal gritty guy doesnt have an onfield abortion the phils win

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2009, 09:51:32 PM
lets be honest tho...we are looking for things to get mad at when in reality if socal gritty guy doesnt have an onfield abortion the phils win

Pretty much.

That was end game right there.

And Ho Chi Minh pissing all over himself on Belliard's bunt didn't help either.

Pitching and defense wins; but they only had it for 7 innings today