2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

is it just me, or does the tbs postgame show kind of suck?  it just seems like everyone is out of sync.  the 4 guys on the panel don't have any chemistry, there seems to be one or 2 times per broadcast were they throw up the wrong highlight or they just totally interrupt it by going to a presser while ej or someone else is in the middle of a sentence.  

who is working behind the scenese, the av club?

Rome

You asssholes better start listening to Uncle Romey.

Otherwise... noogies.  'I have nothing to contribute you Hoydas.

Rome

I was telling SD earlier that I can't tell you how happy I am there was no sound in the bar tonight.  The thought of listening to Carey & Ron Darling might have sent me over the edge once and for all.  I love Buck Martinez, though.  In a manly way.  No homo.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2009, 12:51:19 AM
lol they just showed Cole "ice grillin" JRoll.

Mitch is double barreling him.

"Cole's worried about the wrong stuff. Start times, botched plays, etc."

Magrane called him a child.

someone needs to tell him that ish to his farging face.  i wanted to put my foot through the tv when he threw his arms up after jroll botched the toss to utley.  yeah, it farging sucked but so what?  take it on the farging chin and take it out on the next guy in the box instead of serving up a 3r blast.  

Rome

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Rome on October 16, 2009, 12:56:37 AM
I was telling SD earlier that I can't tell you how happy I am there was no sound in the bar tonight.  The thought of listening to Carey & Ron Darling might have sent me over the edge once and for all.  I love Buck Martinez, though.  In a manly way.  No homo.

How can you not love Buck Martinez when he explains that Charlie had to choose between Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels for game 1 and he went with his ace, Hamels, and it was never a question in his mind.

Never mind the fact that Lee would be pitching on two days rest.  farging imbecile.

Rome

I listen to Buck every morning on XM.

He's pretty much my God.

So shut it, damn it.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 16, 2009, 12:53:54 AM
is it just me, or does the tbs postgame show kind of suck?  it just seems like everyone is out of sync.  the 4 guys on the panel don't have any chemistry, there seems to be one or 2 times per broadcast were they throw up the wrong highlight or they just totally interrupt it by going to a presser while ej or someone else is in the middle of a sentence.  

who is working behind the scenese, the av club?

It is pretty bad.  David Wells sure contributes a lot, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I cut right over to MLB Network.  Mitch Williams does a great job and their crew is pretty good.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 16, 2009, 01:01:44 AM
Never mind the fact that Lee would be pitching on two days rest.  farging imbecile.

three days but did he really say that?...what the hell was he doing in production meetings all week?

for the record i really like buck

and darling is one of the best in the business right now

chip carey can get stabbed by a latin king on the way into the park today

speaking of today how big of a limb is charlie going out on starting pedro....its an amazing plot line but really blanton should be getting the nod...pedro has pitched once in the last month and sucked...the fact that its pedro martinez is completely overshadowing the riskiness of the move
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Susquehanna Birder

You can bet that he'll be on a short leash, and Blanton will be ready to jump in if called.

PhillyGirl

LOL

Quote"Nobody wants to see The Manny," Park said. "Nobody wants to look at The Manny."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 16, 2009, 07:54:49 AM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 16, 2009, 01:01:44 AM

three days but did he really say that?...what the hell was he doing in production meetings all week?

for the record i really like buck

and darling is one of the best in the business right now

chip carey can get stabbed by a latin king on the way into the park today

speaking of today how big of a limb is charlie going out on starting pedro....its an amazing plot line but really blanton should be getting the nod...pedro has pitched once in the last month and sucked...the fact that its pedro martinez is completely overshadowing the riskiness of the move

He pitched Monday, so Tuesday and Wednesday = 2 days rest and yes he really said that.

I like Darling too actually.  The entire Mets broadcast team is good.