2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

game over now....how many runs do the dodgers score in the next two and two thirds...four?

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 15, 2009, 10:25:30 PM
Hamels has great stuff but the mental makeup of a 12 year old girl when things start going against him.

he doesnt even have great stuff....he used to have great location and now with that gone he doesnt have much of anything
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Eagles_Legendz

He does if he's throwing 94 with an 81 mph change up.  The variation with a consistent arm motion = really good stuff.  He just gets rattled too easily.

ice grillin you

"throw back to second is on target in fact he air mailed jimmy rollins"

Eagles_Legendz

"Dodger stadium magic".  How many times can he say that in one farging game?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 15, 2009, 10:29:07 PM
He does if he's throwing 94 with an 81 mph change up.  The variation with a consistent arm motion = really good stuff.  He just gets rattled too easily.

hes never thrown 94 consistently in his life...91-92 is usually his best...but speed has nothing to do with great stuff...movement does...and thats something hes never really had...he has a great change when he can locate his fastball...but cole has never been known for having great stuff...if he is hitting his spots with his fastball hes tom glavine who also didnt have great stuff...if he isnt hes jeff suppan

Eagles_Legendz

Can't walk Thome there to put two in scoring position for furcal.  Bleh.

Eagles_Legendz

He doesn't have three pitches, but his change up was frequently referred to the last two years as the best change in baseball.  And FB-Change speed variation is crucial.  It doesn't matter if it's 86-75 or 97-86 as long as the speed gap is there with a consistent arm motion because it keeps hitters off balance. 

ice grillin you

happ is just not ready for this yet (if he ever will be)...hes so out of his league its frightening

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on October 15, 2009, 10:36:27 PM
He doesn't have three pitches, but his change up was frequently referred to the last two years as the best change in baseball.  And FB-Change speed variation is crucial.  It doesn't matter if it's 86-75 or 97-86 as long as the speed gap is there with a consistent arm motion because it keeps hitters off balance. 

all true but none of that has anything to do with great stuff

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Eagles_Legendz

i was about 104% positive a walk was coming there.  glad to be wrong.