2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
Werth won't be a Phillie after this current deal is up.  Not with Taylor & Brown burning up the Minor Leagues, he won't.

(Sorry PG)

;)
The right move would be to trade Vic.

Werth is 100x the player Vic is and could ever be.

Trade Vic either this year or next year insert Taylor accordingly then have Ibanez sit in the corner in 11. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:55:38 PM
Is there a network whore at Fox who isn't sucking the devil's dick right now in hopes of securing a Yankees/Dodgers World Series?

No doubt.

LA vs. NY

Torre going back to da Bronx

Just like last year when they were begging for Boston/LA

MDS

no one in la gives a crap and no one outside of la gives a crap. old sports writers who still think theyre in brooklyn conger up old memories of the shot heard round the world and thats why you think the dodgers matter.

frankly its yanks.............cubs...sox........philsdodgersmetsgiants..everyone else
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Quote from: MDS on October 12, 2009, 10:52:23 PMi thought they were starting games at 730

FOX is starting all weeknight games at 7:57, but TBS isn't

Sgt PSN

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 12, 2009, 11:04:14 PM
Supposedly the Dodgers draw farging shtein national ratings.  Worse ratings than we do outside of our market.

that's probably because other than manny, the dodgers don't have anyone on their roster that baseball fans want to watch.  who is going to be channel surfing, come across a dodgers game and say "oh! i can't wait to see russell martin's next ab."  

and since manny isn't any good without octomom drugs, the dodgers now have 0 players worth watching.  

BigEd76

MDS

its not about players. except for bonds, who transcended the sport with the steroid stuff.

superstar basketball players and a handful of qbs are draws. thats really it. otherwise its teams. and baseball has 3 teams that can draw nationally. a handful of teams can draw big locally and can matter a little bit (phils being one of them), but on the whole a phillies/yanks ws would draw only slightly better than a yanks/rockies.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

Disagree.

At least for this year.

If the Phillies are in it the repeat possibility will add a new dimension. 

MDS

possibly. perhaps "only slightly" is over doing it. but it wouldnt be a massive improvement over a no draw team like the rockies or dbacks.

but the lcs last year was wayyy under what the sox and indians did in 07 and under the angles/yanks lds in 06.

well see how tonight did, the game last night did pretty considering the timing.

Sgt PSN

how awful would a dodgers/angels ws be?  not so much the games themselves, but just for the tv scheduling/ratings.  they would either alienate the east coast by starting the games too late or alienate much of the west coast by starting the games in the middle of the work/school day.  

MDS

probably lower than last years all time low.

mlb is win-win with the nlcs but obviously need the yanks to win. its astronomical how much more popular they are than any team in baseball.

Don Ho

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on October 12, 2009, 10:05:09 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 12, 2009, 10:00:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2009, 09:54:55 PM
what a brutal at bat by tulo...the difference btwn the phils big guns in top 9 and him in bot 9 was super stark

I am so seriously happy not to hear that stupid Tulo chant anymore. Highly annoying.

There was a Rockies fan with his green hat on upside down that it seemed like every time they were doing that chant was in the background.  I seriously wanted to fly to Denver and punch that guy in the face.  

Oh my god.  That was more of a pisser than blowing the 2 run lead.  That one couple in the big George Costanza jackets and those ugly ass winter hats with the big flaps sitting in the front row were frightening.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

phillymic2000

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 13, 2009, 12:09:49 AM
TBS video clips at MLB.com

listen to Anderson's excitement in Colorado's 8th, then listen to our 9th....

"GIAMBI SCORES!! Mr. Rocktober does it again".

utley scores, and the phillies comes up from the deck :'(