2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 12, 2009, 10:17:13 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2009, 10:12:13 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 12, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
What did he do I'm on csn

talking about how this game and series means nothing because they won the most road games in franchise history in the regular season and they know how to win 17 of 18 games

i dont remember the exact numbers but im pretty sure their run in 07 to close the season was better than this years....PLUS they made the world series

i didn't hear him say anything about the series being meaningless because of the reg season success.  he was just saying that it's not a complete failure of a year. 

he didnt have to say it....he referenced winning a lot of road games this year...then how they had a nice win streak udring the year...its was baffling and a complete WTF coming after that train wreck of a choke job...we won a lot of road games this year...huh?

loser mentality loser talk
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Today was one of the longest days of my life. Staying up until 230 last night kicked my ass. I was up at 530, on the freaking plane at 630 and we landed in SC about two hours later...in the middle of torrential rain and storms. I made a solid call not eating any breakfast because the turbulence was strong. Got back into Buffalo at dinner time, went out to dinner with the company people and made it back here in time to see Madson giving it up like an eager whore.

farging idiots, MLB, for starting that game so late last night.

Great win tonight...and allows me to see everything from here on out.

bowzer

I think baseball takes the most years off my life of any sports.

mpmcgraw

Rome

Seabiscuit36

love hearing Werth saying that he cant see himself anywhere else than philly, and his manlove for his teammates. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Lee said in the locker room that Howard told everyone before his AB:  "GET ME TO THE PLATE, BOYS"

This is the first time in franchise history (127 years) the Phils have won a playoff series in back-to-back seasons.

Schedule as of now (all games on TBS):

Game 1 = Thursday 8:00
Game 2 = Friday 4:30
Game 3 = Sunday 8:00
Game 4 = Monday 8:00

Rome

Werth won't be a Phillie after this current deal is up.  Not with Taylor & Brown burning up the Minor Leagues, he won't.

(Sorry PG)

;)

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:50:40 PM
Werth won't be a Phillie after this current deal is up.  Not with Taylor & Brown burning up the Minor Leagues, he won't.

(Sorry PG)

;)

Blasphemy.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Four farging thirty on Friday?

For real?

What in the blue hell is wrong with MLB??

MDS

i thought they were starting games at 730

also did they not learn from tonight that starting games at 600 = uptick in ratings

its simple. the games best part happened from 800-930. now isnt that the time period with the highest viewership? these games take 4 hours to play. have to account for that.

@ rome

yanks/angles game is set for 730.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Is there a network whore at Fox who isn't sucking the devil's dick right now in hopes of securing a Yankees/Dodgers World Series?

MDS

dodgers and phillies are about even draw wise

dodgers/cards was simply a better draw than phils/rockies.

the whole world isnt conspiring against the phillies. the sky isnt falling. they are good. dont be angry. this is fun. this is awesome. enjoy it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:51:44 PM
Four farging thirty on Friday?

For real?

What in the blue hell is wrong with MLB??

i just got word from a friend who has a cousin that works for the dodgers that i have tickets for game 2.  i'm glad it's during the day because the gangbangers might be less likely to stab me during daylight hours.  

mpmcgraw

Supposedly the Dodgers draw farging shtein national ratings.  Worse ratings than we do outside of our market.