2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:04:12 PM
I seriously almost threw up when Howard tied it up.

Note to self --- don't eat scalloped potatoes for dinner before a Phils playoff game.  EVER.

:puke
Maryland Crab Soup FTL.....

I cant believe Choke became a man in the game. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

The fag shaking the Rockies towel behind home plate needs a columbian necktie.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 12, 2009, 10:05:52 PM
Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2009, 10:04:12 PM
I seriously almost threw up when Howard tied it up.

Note to self --- don't eat scalloped potatoes for dinner before a Phils playoff game.  EVER.

:puke
Maryland Crab Soup FTL.....

I cant believe Choke became a man in the game. 

He didn't do that last night?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 12, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
What did he do I'm on csn

talking about how this game and series means nothing because they won the most road games in franchise history in the regular season and they know how to win 17 of 18 games

i dont remember the exact numbers but im pretty sure their run in 07 to close the season was better than this years....PLUS they made the world series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 12, 2009, 10:11:26 PM
Was Tracy ripping the Phils?

quite the contrary.  he said, and i'm paraphrasing of course:

"we were 1 strike away from going on to philadelphia and who knows where after that.  but they're the defending world champs and coming back like that shows you why they're the defending champs."

tbs only showed about a minute of his presser but i didn't hear him say anything whiney.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2009, 10:12:13 PM
Quote from: MDS on October 12, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
What did he do I'm on csn

talking about how this game and series means nothing because they won the most road games in franchise history in the regular season and they know how to win 17 of 18 games

i dont remember the exact numbers but im pretty sure their run in 07 to close the season was better than this years....PLUS they made the world series

i didn't hear him say anything about the series being meaningless because of the reg season success.  he was just saying that it's not a complete failure of a year. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyGirl

haha at Werth smoking a stoagie in the background of the Ibanez interview.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Good thing the children of the Delaware Valley are all asleep.  They don't need to see their heroes drinking and smoking.