2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

so people are mad at baseball because they are postponing the game and losing a possible day off between game 4 and 5?  would you rather them play in 20 degree weather?  they are going to try and keep the original series schedule as much as possible, the day off is today instead of monday...deal with it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I think people are mad because this shouldn't have been the situation in the first place.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Has there ever been a 10:07 PM start to a playoff game?  That's the thing I don't get.  I know Colorado is two hours behind us, but for God's sake, that's idiotic.

MDS

just heard from someone that happ is starting now

also there is no reason to move this to 300 or 400 now since LA is rolling over the MA's
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

yea Zolecki confirmed that a while ago.

also if both the Yankees and Sox sweep the monday game will be at 7 et, if one sweeps then it will be at 5 et, if they both lose we get stuck with a 2 et start again. 

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on October 10, 2009, 07:40:59 PM
just heard from someone that happ is starting now

Charlie's saying:

Game 3: Happ
Game 4: Lee
Game 5: Probably Hamels

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Doesn't look like it would have been baseball weather tonight.

PhillyPhreak54

Quotealso if both the Yankees and Sox sweep the monday game will be at 7 et, if one sweeps then it will be at 5 et, if they both lose we get stuck with a 2 et start again

You mean the Yankees and Angels? Or you mean both the Yanks and Sox have to win for it to be at 7.

mpmcgraw

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Munson on October 10, 2009, 04:15:30 PM
I think people are mad because this shouldn't have been the situation in the first place.
Selig should totally control the weather
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

The game wasn't even canceled due to snow...it was canceled due to cold temperatures.

Yes, let's schedule the game taking place in the coldest city in the playoffs at 9 (and 10) at night. Brilliant!
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

I guarantee that TV (and hence, the MLB) doesn't care if the Phillies game has to be postponed for two weeks in order to keep the likes of the Yankees, Red Sox, Dodgers, and Cardinals in prime time.

MDS

Really just the yanks. Its all about putting them in primetime then filling in the other stuff around them

Munson

Exactly. There's no reason why the Red Sox, playing the west coast Angels, should be playing right now. I mean I'm happy the Phils aren't on at the same time as the Eagles....but how does making the east coast phillies play at 10 PM in the coldest city, and making the west coast Angles playing at 9 AM PST make ANY sense whatsoever?