2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

honestly no one cares about your obsession.....but if it makes you feel better continue on...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mpmcgraw

ice grillin you

current total is none and im pretty sure everyone on this board has heard it...time to move on to vorp.net

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 08, 2009, 08:51:01 PM
Basically if Donald had been healthy and we called him up to replace Rollins chances are he would have been a better leadoff option than Rollins.

You're amazing. And not in a good way. In a "holy shtein...what did he just say?!" way.

Rollins had a down year at the plate.

His defense was as good as ever and he still produced runs despite the poor OBP.

mpmcgraw

You could put someone with polio in front of Vic, Utley, Howard, and Werth and they'd still score damn close to a 100 times.

Imagine how many more runs the leadoff position would have produced if we had someone that got on base at a clip as "high" as the average shortstop. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: jihadist monk on October 08, 2009, 09:09:36 PM
You could put someone with polio in front of Vic, Utley, Howard, and Werth and they'd still score damn close to a 100 times.

Imagine how many more runs the leadoff position would have produced if we had someone that got on base at a clip as "high" as the average shortstop. 

I know that and I know how OBP works. But he was still productive with HR, 2B and RBI despite hitting .250.

ice grillin you

mpmcgraw

I'm not saying he was completely unproductive.  He just wasn't as productive as about 8-10 other shortstops in the NL. 

BigEd76

10pm ET start on Sunday.  Awesome.

6pm on Tuesday if it goes 5

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 08, 2009, 10:16:36 PM

its awesome when you have monday off (and tuesday) and you have to drive back over state lines after the eagle game sunday

the BAC this weekend is going to be at or above titantic levels

Don Ho

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 08, 2009, 10:16:36 PM

How's that?  10 PM EST.  farg you Bud Selig. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

http://www.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?article=5

QuoteWhile the chance for any heavy snow is minimal, a rapid freeze-up is likely. The RealFeel temperature is expected to drop from 22 to 14 degrees during the game, scheduled for 9:37 p.m.

Yay, lets start the game with the coldest location last.  :sly

PhillyGirl

Bud Selig needs to be flogged and then left in 14 degree weather wearing only a leaf.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Why is this story all changed now?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/09/florida.baseball.lawsuit/index.html

Now they are saying that Howard never showed up? wtf is wrong with these people?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen