2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

cole was fine cept literally one single pitch...and i dont even know who to blame on that one...the guy throws 2-3 hooks a game and on a 1-2 pitch he tosses one up there...whos call was that...chooch the dugout cole??...either way it was a horrendously bad pitch and an even worse call

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

how is 4 runs in 5 innings "fine"

its mediocre. and this is someone who is supposed to carry the rotation. the first run was a little bit of bad luck but he put runners on all day and got burned.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

I was there and I'm farging done with Rollins and Blanton is a farging moron.  There is no doubt in my mind we win this game if farging lard ass takes the easy out at first instead of giving away an out. 

The incredibly stupidity Rollins displays on a day to day is remarkable.  The pitcher walks and then Jimmy grounds into a double play on the 2nd(possibly 3rd) pitch of the next at bat.  Are you farging serious?  Not being a good hitter is one thing being stupid is inexcusable. 

The guy is just horrible at all things offensively.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on October 08, 2009, 07:11:26 PM
how is 4 runs in 5 innings "fine"

its mediocre. and this is someone who is supposed to carry the rotation. the first run was a little bit of bad luck but he put runners on all day and got burned.

hes a medicore pitcher...hes been brutally average this season...what more did you expect...he walked none had 5 k's...and gave up a 2 run homer on an absolutely brutal pitch call...if the pitch choice was his then i change my opinion...but i honestly dont think it was...he better than anyone knows how awful his curve is

mpmcgraw

What saturday's lineup should be

Victorino
Utley
Werth
Howard
Ibanez
Feliz
Ruiz
Rollins
Pitcher
Let the farging moron be an automatic out in front of the pitcher so it doesnt matter.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 08, 2009, 07:54:17 PM
Your Rollins hate is annoying.

especially when his hero utley had his worst year ever and is in an epic slump...

hes just lookinjg for attention

PhillyPhreak54

Cole was not good today. That clown Sutcliffe kept saying how hurt he was on the radio. He used his curve as evidence, saying when he's healthy he snaps off 9-10 a game but we hadn't seen it today...until a guy who shouldn't be hitting HRs broke one off into the seats.

They needed this game (obviously) but more so because they're heading to COL where it is going to be 20 farging degrees and snowing on Saturday.

Way to step up this year, Ace.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 08, 2009, 08:11:13 PM
Cole was not good today. That clown Sutcliffe kept saying how hurt he was on the radio. He used his curve as evidence, saying when he's healthy he snaps off 9-10 a game but we hadn't seen it today...until a guy who shouldn't be hitting HRs broke one off into the seats.

sutcliff is a complete drunk moron

cole will go games where he throws NO curves....even on his best night he might throw four or five

usually its a couple

in fact since he was still in the minors the biggest cocnern about him was his lack of a third pitch....ie a curve

PhillyPhreak54

I know, and at first I was worried he was really injured. But once I saw the game I realized that Sutcliffe was talking out his ass.

I wish they would have won today. I didn't like Ruiz's at bat when he grounded into the double play on a first pitch swing.

I didn't quite like Chuck's pitching moves either, I thought Happ was a sure fire game three starter because of how much the Rockies struggle against LHP.

But then again, with the bullpen in shambles...I guess he's going to use duct tape and JB Weld to make it through.

LBIggle

mpmcgraw

Utley had his worst year ever?  No.  Not close and I'm not counting 04 either.  This was just about as good as last season and considering he was coming off hip surgery and had a farged up foot since one of the first series in August I'm a o farging kay with that.   Also considering he was still by far the best second baseman in baseman and by far the most valuable player on this team even with that slump that should tell you something.

Rollins is just not good at baseball anymore.  Hopefully it's just the same type of thing that I think/hope Cole is going through this year and he'll bounce back next year.  I can take his moronics every now and then when he is a good player, but when he is not its just unbearable.

He was the third best shortstop in the division this year only because Christian Guzman is one of the other shortstops and Reyes was out all year. 

Just awful.

ice grillin you

lol...ok son

seriously youd look less like a douche if you didnt try so hard

PhillyPhreak54

mpmcgraw

well this year, anymore.  

.296 OBP is below replacement level.  Basically if Donald had been healthy and we called him up to replace Rollins chances are he would have been a better leadoff option than Rollins.

Rollins is basically Orlando Hudson at shortstop this year who coincidentally igy probably likes more than utley.

cause hes black.