2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

farg!  Damn a shutout would have been sweet.

Bring in Lidge!!!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Sgt PSN

phils looked very very relaxed today.  even last year when they were hot heading in, they seemed like they were pressing at the plate during the entire postseason.  they were horrible hitting with risp/on base, weren't working the count and were swinging at bad pitches.

today it just looked like another regular season game for them.  they swung the bats well and were aggressive on the bases (perhaps to a fault) and didn't swing at bad pitches.  once they made a full rotation through the lineup and saw what jimenez had, they really started teeing off on him. 

lee was money.  I have nothing to contribute. 

Don Ho

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 07, 2009, 05:41:03 PM
phils looked very very relaxed today.  even last year when they were hot heading in, they seemed like they were pressing at the plate during the entire postseason.  they were horrible hitting with risp/on base, weren't working the count and were swinging at bad pitches.

today it just looked like another regular season game for them.  they swung the bats well and were aggressive on the bases (perhaps to a fault) and didn't swing at bad pitches.  once they made a full rotation through the lineup and saw what jimenez had, they really started teeing off on him. 

lee was money.  I have nothing to contribute. 

Same feeling.  After the first pitch and all the pre-game hysteria at the Bank the game just kind of cruised along.  I loved it.  Lee was just awesome.  Good offensive production.

Rome

Lee lost that shutout for one reason:  Scott Franzke wouldn't SHUT THE farg UP ABOUT IT.  L.A. needs to punch that cockass in the earhole repeatedly.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Rome

Marry him then.  Just tell him to shut the hell up and stop jinxing shtein.

:-D

bowzer

Crowd was awesome today... A stadium of waving white flags brought back nostaligia from WS game 5.

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

ice grillin you

three guesses as to whioch ohillie said this....

"In being the defending world champs, I think it's kind of a little weird that we kind of get both games at 2 o'clock,"  "I don't think it's fair. I definitely don't think it's fair for the fans because this is all about home-field advantage or just baseball in general.

I understand TV ratings, but I think, at the end of the day, most players would rather play when they're both comfortable, and that's kind of what we're trained at, either 1 o'clock or 7 o'clock, and I think that's more fair for us than the TV ratings because, truly, I don't think we mind as much for TV ratings.

We want to get ourselves to the World Series and win it, and that's all that matters. It's not how much money we can make in the process of playing this game because being a world champ, that's what we really live for."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous