2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

BigEd76

Saturday night: chance of snow, lows in the upper 20s.  ah baseball weather...

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

JC Romero is having elbow surgery. Not Tommy John, expected recovery time is 3-4 months.

Per Andy martino

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 06, 2009, 03:16:05 PM
Eric Bruntlett?

Not on the NLDS roster.

Neither are Condrey or Walker.  Cairo, B*stardo and Kendrick are in.....

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

they needed another lefty reliever and Escalona doesn't throw 95

BigEd76

Colorado just announced that De La Rosa will miss the series.  Hammel goes in game 3 and Marquis goes in game 4....

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Good news about missing De La Mexican.

I like them adding Basstardo.

ice grillin you

actually the phils pretty much own de la rosa...but the fact that hes a lefty makes me glad hes out of the series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

My only problem with basticho is that I think he's going to try to throw straight gas by any hitter he may face and seasoned vets in a big game will catch up to that if he doesn't vary his pitches.  I understand the need for a left hander, just afraid he's too green to contribute. 

Good news about Cairo, too.  He was the hottest bench player in the last couple of weeks and he can make much better and consistent contact than Bruntlett can to get runners over and/or maybe drop one in for a base hit.  Bruntlett had his chances -- oh well.