2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

230 for games 1 and 2
930 for 3 (sat)

sunday will be the late game regardless because colorado is the only wc team hosting that day. could be 1000 if all 4 series are in action.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 04, 2009, 03:31:41 PM
should we expect anything less from someone who rides a bus to vegas because he only feels comfortable traveling in things that have the same number of axels as his house. 
:-D thats fargin classic

PhillyPhreak54

King Cole gets the game one start.

All bullshtein aside, its time to defend the WFC. Get the runners in, get 'em over when they need to be moved and don't farg around.

And why do the Phils get the zesty schedule?

Looks like I will be playing hooky a few afternoons this week.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM
Last season's record:  92-70 (best prediction: Romey 91-71 ) - World F*cking Champions

My prediction this year:  93-69, 1st place in the division.

Jon Smith, ladies and gentleman. Winner!

Sgt PSN

MDS

Phreak I don't think it takes a rocket surgeon to figure out why the phils get the afternoon games
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2009, 11:14:24 PM
Phreak I don't think it takes a rocket surgeon to figure out why the phils get the afternoon games

I know that. West coast/Yankees/Red Sox rule TV.

MDS

basically

the idea is mlb wants to air each game exclusively without dragging out the first round series for 3 weeks like the nba does. this is good. the balance is 1 game a day gets shafted.

the balance should be airing 3-4 games with staggered starts across the 6-10pm hour. start the phillies/rockies at 6, yanks/sox at 8, dodgers/cards at 10. regionalize coverage, add a directv package where you get every games in its entirety for people who want that.

really were talking about 2 days here. friday, monday and tuesday there are only 2 games per day. saturday and sunday are weekends and therefore afternoon games fly. 2 days, 2 games. big farging deal if some baseball fan in omaha cant see em all.

so the result is each game is more or less seen by everyone and most importantly they are on when people who are employed can watch them. which was a problem i had but ladee da good timing go me.

Don Ho

Hamels shed your vagina, Lee get back on track and Fatty pitch like you pitched one year ago and we'll be fine.

8:30 AM start HST on Wednesday and Thursday.  Get the coffee brewin' Mrs. Olsen (Juan Valdez to you young ones)
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

what a horrible draw btwn work a flyer game sat and an eagle game sunday for each of the first four games i will either be taking leave or missing parts of some of the games
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2009, 08:31:57 AM
what a horrible draw btwn work a flyer game sat and an eagle game sunday for each of the first four games i will either be taking leave or missing parts of some of the games

Its Obama's fault.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 04, 2009, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: SunMo on April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM
Last season's record:  92-70 (best prediction: Romey 91-71 ) - World F*cking Champions

My prediction this year:  93-69, 1st place in the division.

Jon Smith, ladies and gentleman. Winner!

I'm the bees knees.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Phils -170 / Rockies +150

I'll say Phils in 4 and they face the Cardinals in the NLCS...