2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: QB Eagles on October 04, 2009, 03:49:03 PM
lol Munson came here looking for support and got universally derided. If the average poster on :CF -- not exactly the most family friendly site -- thinks the shirt is trashy, just imagine what the average family at the game thinks. I guess that's the kind of ignorance you and your friend like to broadcast though.

There's not a chance in hell anyone on this MB actually really thinks it's trashy. Seriously not a decimal of a chance any one of these guys wouldn't put the shirt on or wave it around if given it at the stadium. But trashy has become one of the cool things to say here, kind of like MA and unseemly.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

mpmcgraw

I love the shirt and I don't really care one way or another whether or not you are allowed to wear it at private establishments.

MDS

cursing on the shirt = trashy

it doesnt matter if its cute or a sports shirt or what. its trashy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

You'd still wear it. And had you not known about the rule, you'd be surprised if you were told to take it off at a Phillies game.

You have no point. Just stop.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

i would never, ever wear that to a game nor pay a cent for it

wearing shirts with farg on them was a good idea when i was 12. then i turned 13.

telling someone to take it off is silly but thats not the point
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

i'd actually probably put it on my baby.

baby with a world farging champion shirt=adorable

Munson

Quote from: MDS on October 04, 2009, 04:05:37 PM
i would never, ever wear that to a game nor pay a cent for it

wearing shirts with farg on them was a good idea when i was 12. then i turned 13.

telling someone to take it off is silly but thats not the point

That...is exactly the point. He was told to take it off. I can see that being the case in a visiting stadium....but home field, the year after it happened....Just don't really expect that in Philly.

It was also a free shirt.

MDS

no the point is the shirt is trashy. trashy isnt bad. its just trashy.

Munson

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Munson on October 04, 2009, 03:50:00 PM
Someone can't call wearing a WFC shirt trashy and at the same time piss in public when/where a kid could walk by at any second.

hey, i'll be the first to admit that pissing in the parking lot isn't the best place to do it.  but i was drunk, had to go and the people tailgating across from us left a bucket full of piss out there.  drunk logic told me that was the best opion.  no excuses though, drunk or sober it was poor judgement on my part.

your friend on the other hand, was probably sober when he woke up that morning and said "i'm going to wear my wfc shirt out in public today" and then bitched because he was told not to wear it on private property.

i'll own my poor judgement call but i don't think you or your friend will ever see the right side of reason on this one.  

Munson

A WFC shirt at the Phillies game isn't going to hurt anybody.

And you're not fooling anyone by pretending you think it's a horrible thing to wear to the ballpark.

Sgt PSN

Munson

Eaglez

Cairo over Bruntlett on the playoff roster?  Or is Charlie too loyal? 

Don Ho

Quote from: Eaglez on October 04, 2009, 05:31:23 PM
Cairo over Bruntlett on the playoff roster?  Or is Charlie too loyal? 

Damn good point!  Cairo is hitting the ball well right now.  The bearded one would have a hard time getting a hit in tee ball.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.