2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on October 04, 2009, 12:10:41 PM
Yes, one of the most memorable and awesome quotes about a sports championship from someone who will soon be a legend in the city if he isn't already is definitely the same as wearing the confederate flag.

It was awesome because of the context of the moment. If every time Utley was at bat, he grabbed a mic and said "World farging champions! farg farg farg!" that would be douchey, just like wearing the shirt to a game.

Now wearing it to a sports bar or a party with friends or something is different.

Munson

What if the people hosting the party had children?

Seriously, come off it retards. It's ridiculous, especially in Philly, that they made him take the shirt off. Period.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Exactly.

Wearing it to the games is trashy. Wearing it to a friends house, to play basketball or some shtein like that is fine.

Regardless of it being a memorable quote, which it was.

MDS

that shirt is ok in very few spots

lounging around the house, pick up ball, a quick stop to the store; that kind of thing

at a game is beyond trashy and its not even remotely comical that munson cant see that. what a flaming piece of trailer park trash.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Never thought I'd see the day philly fans crying because a shirt spells farging with a Ph and is too offensive.

Grow your balls back.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

ive heard this multiple times this year, they just make you turn it inside out.  And honestly, its trashy to be around kids wearing it, unless its at a party
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

It's trashy to be screaming f bombs during the game when you know there are kids around you. And it's even worse at Eagles games.

Not one parent in CBP would go up to a guy wearing a World PH-ucking Champions shirt and complain. And most would say nice shirt.

MDS

lol this is great

wearing any kind of cursing or derivatives of cursing on a t shirt is trashy. plain and simple. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

YEs, except at a party. But not at a sporting event. Okay, right.

Not a chance in the world you don't immediately put that shirt on if given to you at the park, jewfag.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Munson on October 04, 2009, 12:45:50 PM
Never thought I'd see the day philly fans crying because a shirt spells farging with a Ph and is too offensive.

Grow your balls back.

Munson, follow the logic here. No one is saying its too offensive. But there is a time and place to wear that shtein. And this is coming from someone who wears the f word out.

Because I wouldn't wear that shirt in public at the game means I have no balls? Does that take away from the Philly fan persona?

Munson

I'm saying not one of you would say a word to a guy at the ball park wearing the shirt about "class" or any of that BS. Beyond that, most of you drunkards would see the shirt and probably say it out loud.

And yes, it is Philadelphia....Phillies fans aren't exactly Eagles fans, but the amount of half naked women at Phillies games and the drunk 20somethings cursing up a storm...and you people are trying to talk about class when it comes to a WFC T shirt? Really?

Lying through your teeth. And keyboard.

mpmcgraw

I went to about 20 games this year.  There were no half naked women. and I would know because I was looking for them. 

Munson

What parking lot you been tailgatin in? The amount of red shorts rolled up to the ass cheeks is in the hundreds.

Say what you want about Phillies fans....there are a hell of a lot of good looking girls.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson