2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

He can't even play SS/2B well. I'm more comfortable with Miguel Cairo. I'd be more comfortable with Mickey Morandini being pulled outta retirement to play rather than The Bearded One

MDS

we know this but it is what it is

if utley or rollins dont get injured then he doesnt come off the bench. also hell be gone after this year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

As Uggla will probably be gone next year and hopefully in the AL, I hope someone plunks him in his noggin' this weekend.  Just to say "So long icehole."
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I guess HFA doesn't matter to them.

Blanton got tuned up.

And no, I don't have problems.

MDS

they sat jimmy and a couple other guys

clearly rest > home field

and really it aint a big deal. hottest team will win regardless of location.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2009, 12:53:10 AM
hottest team will win regardless of location.

Which scares the shtein out of me.  Here's to the Rockies sweeping the Doyers.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

I know they need to rest guys, but even with them sitting out the pitching should be good enough to carry them. Hell, if Blanton pitches even half as good as he should they win the game. Everything he threw tonight was elevated and got smashed.

I think getting HFA is important.

Also...

Romero to Zolecki:

QuoteJ.C. Romero said his season is finished. "I'm done, bro. I'm done."

Don Ho

That sucks about Romero.

Agreed on the pitching.  Blanton got into a hole early being down 4-2.  Marlins were teeing off on him.  Same with Lee last night but that was more on the offense going 5 for 14 with RISP.

The Rockies/Dodgers game is great.  Bottom 8, 4-3 Rockies.

MDS

home field is not important

07 rockies sweep phillies out of cbp. 08 phils dont lose here.

hotter team wins. especially for a team like the phillies who player real well on the road.

also blanton is mediocre and his hot streak is again being balanced off by a cold streak. hes a 4th starter, this will happen to them.

dont be mad at him, be mad at lee and hamels if they shtein the bed next week. they are elite pitchers, not fatty joe.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on October 03, 2009, 01:27:48 AM
home field is not important

07 rockies sweep phillies out of cbp. 08 phils dont lose here.

hotter team wins. especially for a team like the phillies who player real well on the road.

also blanton is mediocre and his hot streak is again being balanced off by a cold streak. hes a 4th starter, this will happen to them.

dont be mad at him, be mad at lee and hamels if they shtein the bed next week. they are elite pitchers, not fatty joe.

You're right; Lee and Hamels should be the ones to be worried about. And the hot team is always dangerous, but I think HFA always comes into play.

Don Ho

Absolutely.  Good call on Blanton.  He's a 4 and we need to live with it.  His post season last year was off the charts and he came up huge everytime he was called upon.

When it comes down to it, it's Hamels and Lee who need to deliver. 

PhillyPhreak54

But despite Blanton being a 4, he has to basically be the #3 guy because they need him to do what he does best; be effective and eat innings. Especially with the bullpen being the equivalent of a toilet the morning after a night of Miller Lite's and Taco Bell.

I don't know how the rotation will shape up, but I assume that they will keep Happ in there as the #3 if they face COL because of their LH hitters. If they face LA, then it will probably mean Happ goes to the BP as a LH guy to replace Romero and help Eyre.

And if Happ is out of the rotation, they need Blanton to be solid. What is Pedro going to give them? Is he healthy enough after the neck strain/130 pitch Mets game or whatever to be effective?

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRighty reliever Chan Ho Park, whose last appearance was Sept. 16 vs. Washington (he had been on the DL with a strained right hamstring), almost certainly will miss the first round of the playoffs. He injured his arm during an instructional league in Florida on Thursday.

"Chan Ho, I don't think, is going to make this first round — unless we get a miracle," Manuel said.

Said Park: "I'm still waiting for the doctor [Phillies team physician Michael Ciccotti]. I did an MRI in the morning today [Friday] It's too bad. I had damn good stuff. I felt so good, my arm felt really strong."