2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

home field means nothing until the world series when the phils have to start matching up the worst bench in the majors with american league dh's
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

i disagree only because if you start on the road, especially in the case of the phils, they could either travel to la or colorado and would be better starting off at home where they don't have to travel.  hopefully, the dodgers and rockies wear themselves out this weekend. 

MDS

lol @ a 3 hour flight in a chartered plane being a wear out

traveling from city to city for 2 weeks can get you. one trip after a week of rest means nothing.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on October 01, 2009, 08:01:40 PM
Damn, when's the last time Bruntlett played?  I almost forgot about him 

A solid 0-5 tonight from The Bearded One. He sucks something awful.

Cliff Lee does nothing to quell the worries about him not sucking

Brett Myers 3 hits and a run in an inning

MDS

QuoteFor the third time this season, the defending champion Phillies drew record ratings in Philadelphia.

The Phillies NL East-clinching victory over the Astros drew a 13.3 rating on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia Wednesday night, the highest rating ever for a Phillies game on the network. The 13.3 rating surpasses the previous high of 11.1 for Phillies/Cubs in August.

Ratings peaked at a 20.2 at 10 PM local time.

This season, the Phillies have drawn their three largest ratings ever on CSN Philadelphia. Through Wednesday night, Phillies games are averaging a 7.1 rating on CSN Philadelphia, up 25% from last year.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRomero still is experiencing symptoms in his left forearm. Will seek a 2nd opinion in NY. Doesn't sound good for him 2 pitch in playoffs.

Wonderful.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 01, 2009, 10:38:42 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on October 01, 2009, 08:01:40 PM
Damn, when's the last time Bruntlett played?  I almost forgot about him 

A solid 0-5 tonight from The Bearded One. He sucks something awful.

Cliff Lee does nothing to quell the worries about him not sucking

Brett Myers 3 hits and a run in an inning

You need help.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

For what? Pointing out that Bruntlett is a waste of space?

That Cliff Lee still doesn't look sharp?

Or that Myers looked rusty?

What the hell is wrong with any of that?

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

LBIggle

all valid points.  it would be nice to see some sharpness.  hamels and lee both haven't really looked good as of late.

Sgt PSN

all of the philies' problems.....inconsistant starting pitching, depleted pen and no solid closer are all blessings in disquise as they will only strengthen the bond and resolve of this team for the playoffs. 

Don Ho

Lee is a concern but he pitched ok tonight.  Didn't he retire something like 13 of 15 batters after his shakey start?

Good to see Francisco hitting the ball.  Good night for him.

Bruntlet, oh dear god.  He is just awful.  Charlie should have had Victorino or Utley hit for him late in the game.

4 for 15 with RISP sure didn't help things.  
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

bowzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 02, 2009, 12:21:04 AM
all of the philies' problems.....inconsistant starting pitching, depleted pen and no solid closer are all blessings in disquise as they will only strengthen the bond and resolve of this team for the playoffs. 

Extremeskins?

PhillyPhreak54

I'm still waiting to hear how I need help for pointing out those things....

MDS

myers needs to pitch. his results are meaningless.

bruntlett is on the team because he can play ss and 2b. his offensive production is meaningless.

lee looked awful. this is a concern.