2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Amazing ending in Atlanta.

Wild pitch with the bases loaded, the Atlanta runner on third freezes halfway down the line, the Marlins catcher recovers the ball and guns him out at third.

Oh, and the Phils won.

Yay.

QB Eagles

Well, the East is clinched for the third straight year for the first time since '78. Anyone who seriously thought they were going to lose the lead can wash out their vadges now. The Phils are in.

Rome

If anyone from out of town wants to get some swag MLB.com has a 20% off discount code for shopping.

Here it is:

EXTRABASES

PhillyGirl

Ho hum...another division title.

Dodgers down 5-0 to the Padres in the 4th.

They could be .5 game out of first in the NL after tonight is over.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on September 30, 2009, 10:38:58 PM
If anyone from out of town wants to get some swag MLB.com has a 20% off discount code for shopping.

Here it is:

EXTRABASES

Thanks, man. I'm gonna order a t-shirt and that sweet hoodie.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 30, 2009, 11:23:29 PM

its 2 back

dodgers have tiebreaker.

phillies have tiebreaker over stl so they really have a 1.5 game lead over them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

ice grillin you

everyone talked about utley being loaded at the parade last year but by far werth had to be bent the most....i saw him finish at least four beers in the probably less than ten minutes i personally saw him on the float
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Werth could barely stand up, and wasnt it EaglesLegendz here that said Werth yelled to him to throw a bottle of vodka up to the float, where Werth was drinking straight from the bottle?  He's a good fit in this town clearly. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 30, 2009, 11:53:36 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 30, 2009, 11:23:29 PM

its 2 back

dodgers have tiebreaker.

phillies have tiebreaker over stl so they really have a 1.5 game lead over them.

You lost me. They currently show as being 1/2 game out of the NL lead. (didn't sleep much last night)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteRollins: "We get to Broad Street again, you'll see HK's jacket and shoes on my back and feet. There is no doubt ... I will be rocking it."

PhillyGirl