2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on September 28, 2009, 02:27:21 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 27, 2009, 10:09:54 PM
I sure hope so Don. But the Lastros seem to have the Phils number going back to the Biggio pimp slap of Billy Wags...

Harry: "Oh no"

That seems like yesterday when Biggio hit that HR and Harry's response.  Didn't he say something like "You have got to be kidding me"?  Maybe it was LA in the background.

Yeah, I think after he dropped like three oh noes, he said you've gotta be kidding me.

I dont think LA was in the booth then because it would have been the 9th inning and that means Wheels would have been in there.

smeags

we need to end this against the astros. the fla. series needs to be a time of rest for the starters.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eaglez

They have been looking like shtein on the road trip, mostly because of how they just can't close out games and how this offense can't put runs on the board unless it's in the form of a home run. 

I would hope they will wrap up the division in the Astros series.  Who knows which team will show up though. 

The only consolation would be that the rest of the NL absent the Braves are playing around .500 ball, so unless the Braves squeak in the playoffs there should be an equal level of suckiness in the NL where the Phils could at least make it competitive and maybe win their first round series and with a few breaks who knows.  Hell, I didn't think they would do much last year either and look what happened...

The only problem is that if the Phils are fortunate enough to make it back to the Series, the AL is far and away superior this year (as in most years).  The Phils wouldn't be facing a bunch of rookies on a hot streak in the World Series this year if they would somehow make it back there. 

It seems like once a team gets in the playoffs it is a whole new season.  Some teams shtein the bed and the others make the needed plays.  Right now I'm completely confused with respect to this team because they are so streaky offensively and in the starting rotation. 

I guess the one constant is how unreliable the back end of the bullpen has been this year.  If that continues it is hard to imagine them advancing or doing much damage in the post season. 

MDS

They went 5-5 on the trip. Blew a few games sure. But it wasn't atrocious
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eaglez

Yeah, it was just the way they lost some of those games.  Blowing leads in the ninth doesn't instill confidence for an October run. 

Like I said, most of the teams in the NL aren't lighting the world on fire (the Dodgers are getting smoked by the Pirates of all teams...), which is why I think the Phils have the potential to do some damage in the playoffs.  It should be a pretty even field of teams so hopefully last year's experience helps a bit for this team. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Eaglez on September 28, 2009, 03:32:19 PM
Yeah, it was just the way they lost some of those games.  Blowing leads in the ninth doesn't instill confidence for an October run. 

Like I said, most of the teams in the NL aren't lighting the world on fire (the Dodgers are getting smoked by the Pirates of all teams...), which is why I think the Phils have the potential to do some damage in the playoffs.  It should be a pretty even field of teams so hopefully last year's experience helps a bit for this team. 

Just saw the Doyers score.  Correct, no other team except the Braves is that hot right now.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

and the braves suck

the nl blows. the phillies would be doa in the al.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Quote from: MDS on September 28, 2009, 06:08:06 PM
and the braves suck

the nl blows. the phillies would be doa in the al.

LOL, farg it, the phils are the defending farging Champs Bitch! Who the farg cares how "great" the AL is until they best the Phils. As bad as they are playing, they ain't dead yet. Don't you have another Philly loss to predict?

Don Ho

Tyler Walker to the rescue.  Suck or not the Braves are beating the Marlins as we speak.

Don Ho

MDS

Don Ho

Eaglez

So when does shteinting your pants become a legitimate response to the way they are currently playing?  If they are only up 2?  4 games doesn't seem like enough for me right now...

Don Ho

I'm staying out of this until/if/when they clinch but my shorts are something dirty right now.  4 measley hits.