2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Good point Phreak.  I didn't realize no NL team has repeated since the Reds.  Was Toronto the last team to repeat?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 26, 2009, 01:33:48 AM
I'm coming to the realization of that. I know its extremely hard to repeat. Hell, no NL team has done it since the Big Red Machine.

But its aggravating to see such crappy play while knowing it could be very possible they could repeat.

The only thing to hope for is that they quit bullshteintin' once its go time. Maybe all this respect and fear of disappointing King Utley the players have will kick in.

aint possible

hamels and lee are shaky. blanton is fat. happ is hurt. pedro is hurt. moyer is old. kendrick sucks. thats your rotation.
lineup is a. stupid b. inconsistent and c. homer happy
ruiz is hurt. dobbs is hurt. stairs sucks.
lidge is usless. madson isnt a closer. myers is hurt. romero is hurt. eyre is hurt.

chalk it up to bad luck it just aint happening. no reason to get mad. except at lidge and manuel for going to him for so farging long.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on September 26, 2009, 01:36:14 AM
Good point Phreak.  I didn't realize no NL team has repeated since the Reds.  Was Toronto the last team to repeat?

Yankees in 1998-2000 were the last, Don.

Since 1960:

Yankees - 1961 & 1962
Athletics - 1972-1974
Reds - 1975 & 1976
Yankees - 1977 & 1978
Blue Jays - 1992 & 1993
Yankees - 1998-2000

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 26, 2009, 01:37:33 AM
I'm coming to the realization of that. I know its extremely hard to repeat. Hell, no NL team has done it since the Big Red Machine.

But its aggravating to see such crappy play while knowing it could be very possible they could repeat.

The only thing to hope for is that they quit bullshteintin' once its go time. Maybe all this respect and fear of disappointing King Utley the players have will kick in.

aint possible

hamels and lee are shaky. blanton is fat. happ is hurt. pedro is hurt. moyer is old. kendrick sucks. thats your rotation.
lineup is a. stupid b. inconsistent and c. homer happy
ruiz is hurt. dobbs is hurt. stairs sucks.
lidge is usless. madson isnt a closer. myers is hurt. romero is hurt. eyre is hurt.

chalk it up to bad luck it just aint happening. no reason to get mad. except at lidge and manuel for going to him for so farging long.

I agree.  :boom

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 26, 2009, 01:53:06 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 26, 2009, 01:36:14 AM

Yankees in 1998-2000 were the last, Don.

Thanks Phreak.  shtein, how could I forget the Yankees Threepeat.  Hey, I'm still fuming about the lame ass Marlins and their 3/4 empty ballpark winning two WS in 6 years.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2009, 01:54:18 AM
Maybe all this respect and fear of disappointing King Utley the players have will kick in.

say wha?

Reference to some quotes I read awhile back from an anonymous player who said that guys are afraid to fail because they don't want to let Utley down.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 26, 2009, 02:03:45 AM
Reference to some quotes I read awhile back from an anonymous player who said that guys are afraid to fail because they don't want to let Utley down.

that almost makes me not wanna root for the phillies ever again

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 26, 2009, 02:09:51 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 26, 2009, 02:03:45 AM

that almost makes me not wanna root for the phillies ever again

I remember that quote from last week.  Are they for real?  Good god.

PhillyPhreak54

I can't see the game because it started early and was not on EI...

But I'm following it on-line and I see they've pissed away a lead. JRoll with a piss poor error to allow two to score.

Come on, iceholes

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Oh shtein...good lookin out man.

Its not listed on my channel guide.

MDS