2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

he got absolutely raked in the first inning....of course the offense will shtein the bed for 8 innings again against a  terrible pitcher but its annoying as farg how many times cliff lee implodes in the 1st or 2nd inning
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Men at 2nd and 3rd ,Choke up.  And Choke delivers. 

Did you see Lester get drilled in the knee with a line drive in the Yankee game?  Nasty.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

I give the Brewers fans credit.  Team is out of the race but they still have a nice turnout at Miller Park.  Rockies leading the wildcard, Cardinals in town, Pujols, Friday night and Coors Field looks empty.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Don Ho

MDS

Lol igy hatin on lee tryin to start that bandwagon. Nice try pg county dope
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Stairs is more finished than lidge. Jesus this time aint winnin one playoff game
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

MDS

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

There is too many things not going right at this time of the year to even think they have a shot at doing anything in the playoffs.

1. I know Mayberry is a youngin', but goddamn dude...there is a 2-0 count and you've got TWO guys on base in a 3-run game and you hack at some high shtein on the 2-0 pitch?! Milt Thompson should have smacked him in the head as soon as he got into the dugout.

2. Cliff Lee...stop the big innings and show some command on your pitches.

3. Matt Stairs, much like Brad Lidge, thank you for last year. I still get chills thinking about the sight of the ball deep into the night sky in LA. But when you are swinging under an 86mph pitch...you're cooked.

4. The catching situation...

5. Bullpen, bullpen, bullpen

MDS

aint in the cards jay.

they won last year be happy with that. too much gotta work out again...it just aint possible.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm coming to the realization of that. I know its extremely hard to repeat. Hell, no NL team has done it since the Big Red Machine.

But its aggravating to see such crappy play while knowing it could be very possible they could repeat.

The only thing to hope for is that they quit bullshteintin' once its go time. Maybe all this respect and fear of disappointing King Utley the players have will kick in.

Don Ho