2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Rome on September 25, 2009, 11:36:57 AM
lol - god forbid anyone actually express anger during a game.

He posted at 11:30. They had won 9-4. Why exactly are we bitching after a 9-4 win?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

it seemed more like an observation rather than bitching to me. 

it's funny because after every eagles game, win or lose, there's a thread talking about the good, bad and ugly and there's never anything wrong with that. 

PhillyGirl

When the Eagles win a Super Bowl and then go on to have another successful season where they are back in first place the next year.....it'll be another story.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 25, 2009, 09:58:53 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 24, 2009, 11:13:52 PM
Feliz with one hell of a defensive play and Choke fargs it up.

lol, you really bitch at everything. They win 9-4, you're still bitching.

I don't see the bitching part in this comment.  Appladed a fantastic play by Feliz and Howard, who had a rough time on an earlier play in the game, dropped it.  

The bitching and moaning about the bullpen will continue until it gets better.  Weren't you a little concerned when Durbin, Walker and Condrey came in?

Trust me, I am aware my complaining goes overboard.  Try and watch a phils game with me.  My wife leaves the room when Phils highlights are on ESPN or I'm watching a game on mlb.com.  Even my diehard Yankee and Red Sox buddies tell me I'm brutal.  Like I said earlier, lots of heartache the past 38 years has made me bitter.

That's why I love this board.  Everyone speaks their mind and god forbid we ever turn into something like that taterskins site.  I never was good at poetry.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Ha - why are you explaining yourself, dude?  Post whatever the farg you want and if someone has a problem with it, let them rant and rave about it.  Either way it's entertaining as hell.

MDS

I was under the impression that we could only post things from our blackberrys that agree with igy. Or is that just me?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4504696

bout damn time.  lidge can rape anyone in my family that he wants because of last year.  but i really don't want to see him on the mound in the 9th inning again.  unless he's pitching for the other team. 

bowzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 25, 2009, 07:30:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4504696

bout damn time.  lidge can rape anyone in my family that he wants because of last year.  but i really don't want to see him on the mound in the 9th inning again.  unless he's pitching for the other team. 

Didn't realize that 11 blown saves is the most in the NL since 98.  2009 Lidge needs to be aborted.

ice grillin you

lord knows the hater in me would never tell don or anyone else not to bitch but in this case i actually agree with pg and feel like dh was a little crazy with the critique

on another topic is anyone else other than me done with cliff lee...i gave him a 100% pass on that awful stretch he had....and i dont even need complete games from him...but farging enough with the 5 runs in the first two innings shtein...its beyond old
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

I missed the first inning.  What the hell happened?  Not done with Lee but shtein he's not looked so great recently.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.