2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

myers is hurt...but even if he somehow got healthy youre going to trust him in a playoff game after surgery and 8 appearances on the whole year??

i go closer by commitee with score and situation dictating who you bring in each game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on September 24, 2009, 02:48:30 AM
Ok, not to panic................yet.  For the Braves to catch the Phils, the Bums will need to go 4-7 and the Braves will have to go 10-0 over the next week and a half. 

not really worried about the phils choking up the division.  but it's 2 weeks before playoff time and the phils don't have anything even remotely close to an answer for the 8th or 9th inning.  it'd be one thing if madson was money but he's giving up runs whenever he takes the mound too. 

bullpen.  failure. 

phattymatty

QuoteThank you for registering for a chance to purchase tickets for the Phillies postseason. Unfortunately your entry was not selected for our online National League Division Series (NLDS) sale.

anyone get tix??

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 24, 2009, 08:34:32 AM
myers is hurt...but even if he somehow got healthy youre going to trust him in a playoff game after surgery and 8 appearances on the whole year??

i go closer by commitee with score and situation dictating who you bring in each game

He's a FA to be. So I would pitch him until his arm falls off (then he could swing around the lifeless arm to beat his wife).

But he's joining the team again today, said he's ready to go and medical reports checked out OK. And honestly, he has the attitude to gut through it.

Myers with his questionable health
Madson
Lidge

Who ya gonna trust there?

Closer by committee?

Chan Ho = hurting
Romero = arm issues
Eyre = arm issues

They got nothin' but hope.

What a mess.

ice grillin you

if i had to name someone closer id name pedro....but i dont know why people worry so much about about having to annoint one guy...game to game basis is what id ultimately do

PhillyPhreak54

But again, whose your committee? Look at what they have out there.

I'd be cool with Pedro.

ice grillin you

madson - pedro - happ - lidge ect....

whoever the hell is available and ready and matches up best with the situation at hand

PhillyPhreak54

Its gonna take Dubee and Charlie doing a helluva lot of matching up.

I only hope that somehow they figure it out. Whether it be the committe, Lidge finds magic or whatever.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 24, 2009, 08:34:32 AM

this is quite possibly the most intelligent thing you have posted

ice grillin you

mpmcgraw

I think you have to give Pedro the nod as the fourth starter in the playoffs.

He's better than Happ, maybe even better than cupcakes and we currently have no loogy that is active who doesnt have a giant piece of bone floating around in his pitching arm.    

LBIggle

pedro takes an inning to warm up as a starter usually yielding a run or two in the process.  if their going to use a starter as an option i'd go with happ, who has experience in the playoffs coming out of the bullpen and keep pedro as the 4th starter.

MDS

Lol @ letting charlie match up. This is over this thing. At least the mets still suck
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.