2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 21, 2009, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 21, 2009, 05:08:21 AM
Can this get any worse?  Dammit.

Uh, were you actually a Phillies fan before last year?

I meant the rash of injuries to the pitching staff that happened the past few days, Park, Pedro now Meyers.  Last thing they need in late September.

Oh yeah.  I've seen my share of shtein with this team since 1971.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phillymic2000

Rome

So they're ten bucks less than the wild card series from last year?

Awesome.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Rome on September 22, 2009, 04:43:57 PM
So they're ten bucks less than the wild card series from last year?

Awesome.

Yes it is awesome, cheap tickets to see the world champs in a great park. I'll take it.

Sgt PSN

9-0 in the 8th.  just enough breathing room for the pen. 

blanton - 7ip, 2h, 2bb, 9k.  can't ask for much more than that. 

Sgt PSN

lol @ the pen giving up 3 runs in the btm of the 8th.  pathetic.  good thing they had that 5 run outburst in the top half of the inning otherwise it's a 1 run game. 

Rome

ice grillin you

how farging orgasmic is this....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=4492591

Werth can't recall the precise sequence and declines to identify the player who engaged him in conversation. But he was standing at second base when an unnamed Tampa Bay Ray sidled up and asked a question that told him all he needed to know about Philadelphia's impact on opposing psyches.

"One of their infielders came up to me and said, 'Do you like it here?'" Werth recalls. "He was so distraught in the middle of the game about the people in this town, and I knew then that we had them.

"They were so rattled, because they didn't feel like they could even walk down the street. They were uncomfortable just being in Philadelphia. Look at Evan Longoria -- he didn't get a hit the whole World Series. [Longoria actually went 1-for-20.] I'm not saying it's because of what the fans did. But I'm not saying it wasn't, either."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

i read that article earlier today.  that part gave me a little chubby.  good article overall to.  didn't realize that gillick originally drafted werth.  he's been an excellent player since the phils signed him. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2009, 08:37:35 PM

Werth can't recall the precise sequence and declines to identify the player who engaged him in conversation. But he was standing at second base when an unnamed Tampa Bay Ray sidled up and asked a question that told him all he needed to know about Philadelphia's impact on opposing psyches.

"One of their infielders came up to me and said, 'Do you like it here?'" Werth recalls. "He was so distraught in the middle of the game about the people in this town, and I knew then that we had them.

"They were so rattled, because they didn't feel like they could even walk down the street. They were uncomfortable just being in Philadelphia. Look at Evan Longoria -- he didn't get a hit the whole World Series. [Longoria actually went 1-for-20.] I'm not saying it's because of what the fans did. But I'm not saying it wasn't, either."

Excellent, awesome and I farging love it.

Didya catch this one, Havas?

QuoteIn reality, Werth is as middle-America as they come

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 22, 2009, 11:39:45 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 22, 2009, 08:37:35 PM

Excellent, awesome and I farging love it.

Didya catch this one, Havas?

QuoteIn reality, Werth is as middle-America as they come

yeah thats to bad
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous