2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

I didn't realize how horrible Rollins is this year.

BA: .247
OBP: 291
SLG: 414

Just wow.  If Rollins was half the player he was the past two years this offense would be insane.

Sgt PSN

a lot of that is due to his very poor start that lasted basically the first half of the year.

pre all-star:

BA:  .229
OBP:  .287
SLG:   .355

post all-star:

BA:  .270
OBP:  .296
SLG: .491

he hasn't been lighting the world on fire or anything since the break, but he has been significantly better in the 2nd half than in the first with big increases in his BA and SLG.  only a mild improvement in his OBP.

but yeah, overall he's had a down year.  he's still pimp though and my favorite current phillie and probably top 5 all time fave.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

mpmcgraw

The .291 OBP is just embarassing, and it hasn't gotten any better in the second half.

He has prett much turned into a better defensive Larry Bowa. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 20, 2009, 02:32:10 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 20, 2009, 02:11:26 PM
Akers was airborne!  C'mon ref.

lol

Oh shtein, wrong thread.  I didn't realize I was so despondent during the birds game.  It was a long morning.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Hey Phils won!!!  This should help with the depression.  Nah, the Bud Lights at my nephew's bday party tonight will help.

BigEd76

nice easy game after the rain delay until Lidge decided to F around again......4-2 final and the magic # is now 6

Don Ho

Saw that on the box score.  How bad was he?  The other relievers pitched great.  Why didn't Moyer pitch after the rain delay?  Is he only reserved for when there are rain delays during Pedro starts?

QB Eagles

It's getting to the point where when I look up the Phils' box score, I expect to see at least a 1 in the opponent's 9th inning column.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBrett Myers has possible shoulder strain

Wondering why Brett Myers had not pitched since Sept. 12? He has a possible shoulder strain. Here's Ruben Amaro Jr.: a few minutes ago:
"He's got some soreness in the back of his shoulder. We've been kind of protecting him. I guess he sustained it about eight or 10 days ago....He's scheduled to see (team physician) Mike Ciccotti on Tuesday to see if there is anything realy serious about it. (The training staff) is saying it's a possible strain."

Amaro said that he did not believe Myers returned too soon from hip surgery, but may have pitched too often once back.

:-\ :boom

Don Ho

QB Eagles